June 23, 2013

New RCS Challenge - "Going Digital"

Another card challenge is going on at Red Carpet Studio.  This time we are "Going Digital", create a card using a digital stamp.  So break out your printers and join us!  The challenge runs from June 23rd to June 29th and the sponsors are The Paper Nest Dolls.  The prize is 3 Copic markers of your choice!  Wouldn't you love to get your inked stained fingers on those?  You all have ink stained fingers too right?  Maybe it's just me.  LOL.  Anyway, we were given an image from The Paper Nest Dolls to create ours cards.  I chose Train Conductor Owen.



Isn't he cute?!  I needed another boy birthday card for a friend and this was the perfect image.  Now the original image had the railroad sign above the train but I wanted to use it separately so I cropped it out and printed it separate from the rest of the image.  This is the beauty of digital.  No need to mask anything.  And as long as you don't change the actual drawing itself, it's all good.  :-). Anyway, I coloured it all with my Spectrum Noir markers and matted Owen on yellow.  Now the layout for this card is based on Seize the Birthday's current sketch challenge which I'm linking up to.  I did switch it up a little but hopefully that's okay.  :-)



I went through my stash and found some papers to use for the 3 panels.  Not sure who makes any of them.  The sentiment is by Studio G.  I used some 3D dots to raise up the railroad sign and the main image.

On a different note, I'm having some back issues and haven't been able to craft as much as I'd like to. Not sure what I did.  I think I just bent over.  You know your getting older when....  LOL.  It's starting to feel better now so hopefully it'll clear up soon.  :-).

Well, that's all for now.  Hope your are all enjoying your weekend!

3 comments:

  1. this is adorable!!! love that image :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card for a boy! Thanks for joining us in the Seize the Birthday Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet and soooo cute! Perfect card for a lil man! Awesome take on the sketch...I struggled with this one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!