March 13, 2014

Shades of Gray

So, I've been dying to play along with CAS-ual Fridays new and improved challenge and I finally got a chance to today.  Despite a severe lack of sleep, I enjoyed my crafty time.  Why did I have a lack of sleep?  My son kept waking up all night due to an ear ache.  We finally just ended up downstairs at around 4:30am. Apparently his cold that seemed to be getting better decided to rear it's ugly head again.  Sort of like the weather around here.  We are in for a nasty storm tonight and tomorrow.  Boo. In any case, after a nice warm compress my son's ear stopped hurting and he seems okay.  I kept him home just in case.  He had no fever so hopefully no ear infection will occur.  Anyway, that's why I'm tired.  And my cold isn't going away either which is no fun.  But making some cards always makes me feel better! :-)

Okay, the card.  Recently I've been playing around with my alcohol markers.  I got some of my refills I ordered so was able to refill my drying out ones.  :-).


So, I've played around with my gray markers (Spectrum Noir BGR1 & 3) and some isopropyl alcohol.  I used some glossy paper by Ranger and made a cool splotchy effect.  I used my Slice die cutter and cut the word "happy" out.  I took a panel of white cardstock and stamped the medallion (SU!) in Canary yellow (Color Box).  Then I stamped the "anniversary" (an old stamp by All Night Media) in black on the die cut happy and on the medallion panel.  Then lined the die cut up and attached it.  I added some sequins (Neat and Tangled) and put my panel on a white card base with some foam dots.  This is going to be for my inlaws who celebrate their 47th anniversary this year.  :-)

Like I mentioned above, I'm linking up to CAS-ual Fridays challenge which is "shades of gray".  Also, linking up to Addicted to Stamps and More where it's "anything goes" this week.

Well, I'm hoping that these colds we have will clear up soon so I can get back to some serious card making!  :-)  Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. WOW! I LOVE how the yellow pops :) Thanks so much for sharing with us this week at Addicted to Stamps and More, please join us again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, the yellow looks stunning against the grey and fab CAS design. Thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you and your son will soon be healthy again! Amazing that you could create such a fabulous card while being under the weather AND sleep deprived! Love how the yellow medallion looks like a big sun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a really neat effect - love it against the sunny yellow, too! Hope you're all feeling better very soon! Thanks for joining us at CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww, your poor boy. Earaches for the littlies are so horrible. Hope he gets well soon. I love your sunshiney card and your little gems are perfectly placed. Thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is very pretty! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that big sentiment looks great against the yellow!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!