June 06, 2014

June Guest Designer at STAMPlorations

I'm very happy to be doing this post today!  A little while ago I was invited to be a GD over at STAMPlorations for their monthly challenge for June.  The challenge for June is Stamps and Borders.


I'm honored to be among some fabulous designers!  The DT is filled with such talent!  You need to go check out their awesome creations!  Anyway, here's my card...


I just love the feathers of the Trendy Feathers set!  There are 4 different styles and four different sentiments.  I first took one of the feathers images and stamped it with broken china distress ink.  Then I sponged, splattered, sprayed blue and some green ink and then sprayed water over top.  Once that was dry I stamped the feather again in forest moss distress ink.  I cut my panel into strips and put two vertically and one horizontally.  I stamped the feather in the forest moss again and fussy cut it out, placing it beside my stamped sentiment.

Well, I really hope you all can play along with us this month!

I'd like to take a moment and welcome a new follower.  Marina of My Perfect Life.  She's a wonderful card artist and a fellow DTeammate at Inkspirational.  She's on a couple other DT's as well and has been blogging since 2011.  Check her out!  :-)

Thanks for stopping by and have a lovely day!  :-)

10 comments:

  1. Love how you used the feather stamp, Kim. And I saw your fuzzy butterfly too... outta this world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim, such a creative way to use the feather to make this background and such a fab take on the challenge, so pleased you joined us this month x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already admired your card on the DT blog, but now I can tell you that personally.... Love those mossy feathers on your blue feather background, they look like they are coming from the sky! So creative! Fabulous to have you as our GDT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the GD spot, and way to rock the challenge with those super cool feathers! Your borders are ultra clever! You dabble into such a variety of techniques and styles, that every visit is incredibly inspiring and refreshing. Your card here, the butterfly (still speechless...), everything...simply, fabulously fascinating!! ~c

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was so creative of you to stamp one of the feathers in broken china and have those blend into the background, then the forest moss green feathers look like they're floating/falling against that sky backdrop -- I love it! Thanks so much for being our guest designer this month, Kim! We're all super happy you're our GD for June! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the best cards I've ever seen with trendy feathers! SO BEAUTIFUL. The feathers really look like they are floating on the sky. Brilliant job! Great to have you as GD at STAMPlorations. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on you GD spot! Your card is fabulous! Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome use of this set! Thanks for being the GD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous6/08/2014

    Hi Kim. Love how your blue stamped feathers look like a lovely blue sky. Great card. Good to have you as our Guest Designer at STAMPlorations this month. Have a lovely day! Monika

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!