February 01, 2015

Watercolour Leaves

Hey there!  Today looks like it's going to be sunny but cold.  A welcome change to the snow we got yesterday.  I swear, we are getting as much snow in a week as we usually get in a month!  There's more on the way Monday evening too.  Boo.  I'm dreaming of somewhere warm and sunny with a lovely beach right about now.  Sigh.....

Anyway, I've got a card to share today.  I decided to try some of my new distress inks.  Take a look...


I dusted off a very old stamp by a company that no longer exists (PSX).  It's such a lovely leaf stamp though, that it needed to be used again.  I inked it up with my distress inks, first with Marmalade then with some Mown Lawn.  Then I spritzed water on it once or twice.  Then I stamped it.  It makes such a cool watercolour effect.  I repeated these steps several times.  Then I stamped my sentiment (STAMPlorations, Vignette:  Chevrons and Arrows) in black.  Then I mounted my panel on my card base with foam dots.  I love how distress ink reacts with water.  :-)

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - create a CAS card
CAS-ual Fridays - use a watercolour technique
Penny Black and More - anything goes (except a digi)

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you all have a fantastic day!

12 comments:

  1. Your creation is absolutely delightful Kim and beautiful stamping.

    It's lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations Challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Kim. You are right about a clear crisp day, so much better than all the grey snowy ones!
    So pleased to see you joining in with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your cluster of leaves, and the combination of colours you used is perfect. Thanks for linking up at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely colors and layout, Kim! That IS an awfully pretty leaf image!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful!! LOVE the leaves and colors here! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable !! Love the leaves. I'm glad you joined the fun @ CAS-ual Fridays :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a great CAS card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, love those rich colours and perfectly CAS.
    Thanks so much for joining in at Penny Black & More this month.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card design! Beautifully done!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us this month at Penny Black and More!! Hope you play along again soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kim ...LOVE this BEAUTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely looking card Kim...love the flow of the leaves...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very beautiful CAS design.Loved the way you colored those leaves.Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Friday´s.
    Hugs
    Archana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!