March 29, 2016

STAMPlorations Inspiration #68

Hey everyone!  Hope you all had a lovely Easter.  Mine was quiet but good.  Unfortunately, I woke  up this morning to discover that my son may have the chicken pox.  :-O.  We are not sure though. He has no fever and feels fine but he's got red bumps on his leg.  Some of which just showed up overnight.  I noticed a couple last night after his shower but he said they were only itchy if you touched them. Now he's got more but just on the one leg.  Still don't seem to be super itchy.  He had the vaccine so I'm hoping that if it is the chicken pox it'll be pretty mild.  Of course, we kept him home today so we could see if they get worse.  He'd still be contagious even if it's mild.  Sigh.

Anyway, it's another Inspiration day over at STAMPlorations and we've got some great inspiration cards for you today!  Here's what I came up with...



I stamped my coffee cup (Sketchy Coffee Cups set) using one of my favourite techniques, masking.  Then I coloured in just one of the cups with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I was going to colour all the cups but then I thought just one would look cool.  I stamped the sentiment (Bunnies 'N Beans set) in black.  Now you may or may not have noticed that the sentiment doesn't look quite right. Well it's supposed to say"hoppiness" not "happiness" but I wanted it to say the latter.  So with a black pen I changed the "o" to an "a".  Hoppiness wouldn't have made much sense without a bunny on the card but I really liked the sentiment.  :-)

Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit today and that you go on over to the main blog and check out the other projects by the DT.  Thanks for stopping by!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Crazy 4 Challenges - use purple 

6 comments:

  1. Love how you've just coloured in the one cup and changed the letter...very creative x Hope your son will be ok?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you - it is really cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coloring just one cup for a clever idea. It has worked wonders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo cool! I think masking would be one of my fav techniques, too, if I could do it half as well as you and LauraJane. Love that POP of color. I hope the chicken pox clucks its way through quickly and that it doesn't get too severe for your poor kiddo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this pile of cups! Purple is perfect. As is that sentiment. As for the pox, not fun. Caladryl will be your best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a great job of masking and a super fun design, Kim! I think it's so clever that you changed the o to an a! (You'd need a microscope to even notice it was done by hand!) I hope Donovan doesn't have the chicken pox, or that at least they are mild and soon over. We thought our son had them (after having a mild case three years before) but it turned out to be flea bites because the poor dog had picked up fleas at the vets! Either way it's a pain, but spraying for the fleas was easier on the boy! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!