April 08, 2017

Inkspirational Challenge - Prompt Word, Spring

Greetings Inkspirational fans!  It's time for another challenge!  But before I get to that, I have some sad news.  Today is my last post for Inkspirational.  My life seems to be getting busier and busier and I have to scale back somewhere.  I'm super sad about this as my Inkspirational teammates are such great friends, despite never having met them!  But I'll be around the Blogasphere and will visit for sure!  I appreciate all you Ink fans visiting little old me and leaving such lovely comments.  Hope you'll keep dropping by.  As for my teammates, you are the best!  I'll miss being a part of the team but we will keep in touch. 

Okay, onto the challenge!  It's a word prompt this time and a very appropriate one for this time of year.  It's Spring!


When I think of Spring I think of flowers.  I can't wait for my tulips to grow and bloom.  It's been a slow start this year but they are now beginning to pop up.  So, for my card I had to feature some flowers.  Check it out....


I stamped my flowers and foliage (Happy Little Stampers) and embossed them in white.  Then I took Spiced Marmalade and Seedless Preserves Distress Ink and sponged that overtop.  I did a little water splatters as well as splattering some black ink.  I stamped the sentiment (Happy Little Stampers) in black on a strip of white cardstock.  I attached it to the card after I added a couple of pieces of washi tape underneath.  I really love this colour combo. 

Well, I hope you'll all come by the main blog and check out the other girls fabulous cards.  They are all rock stars for sure!  I'll miss you ladies!  Don't forget to check out our Guest Designer too, Trina!

Thanks for visiting and have a lovely day!

6 comments:

  1. Stunning Kim, love how you placed the flowers around the edge. So sorry you are leaving us but we will see you around x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful arrangement with your flowers and foliage and the color combo is smashing! Wonderful work from you as always. You will be missed at Ink but let's hope you and I still would be in some same team some day or at least we'll be "seeing" in blogland! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Kim! Great design and colours. Beautiful sponging too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those flowers stand out amazingly fro the colourful background. We'll miss you at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card with vibrant colors! Certainly nailed the "spring" challenge! Hard to believe that this is your last official Ink post. You will certainly be missed!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply lovely, Kim, your pretty flowers and ink combination! Spring sensational! I'm sad to tears with your departure but support your decision, as you are one incredibly busy gal! Excited to meet you in the summer!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!