March 14, 2013

Hero Arts Scramble

So, this past Saturday I participated in my first "Scramble".  Now you may be wondering what the heck am I talking about?  Well, in the Hero Arts Flickr group I'm a part of they do a "scramble" every week or two.  This just means you have 90 minutes to create a card based on the theme the hostess for that week chooses.  You don't find out the theme until its time to create.  I've never had the chance to participate before and I managed to find some time last week.  Unfortunately, I started late and just missed the deadline.  But that's okay cause I had a blast and got a card for my stash too.  :-). I thought I would share my card here as it got pretty good response on Flickr.  Now the theme was to use embossing (either dry or wet).



I use one of my favourite embossing folders and favourite HA stamps.  I coloured the flowers with my Spectrum Noir markers (I really need to get the right kind of paper for my markers.  Hard to avoid bleeding otherwise).  Cut out the flowers with my oval cutter and sponged some purple around lightly then stamped the sentiment.  I layered that on the embossed panel and then the yellow panel and then attached to the card base.  I think it turned out pretty good.  I just love that stamp.  :-)

Anyway, I'm hoping I'll get a chance to join the next scramble.  So much fun!  Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Supplies: cream card stock by Recollections, light teal card stock by Bazill Basics, yellow paper by Provo Craft, Tall Flower Stamp (K5431) by Hero Arts, sentiment stamp by Fiskars (squarely sentimental set), black ink: (flower) Memento, (sentiment) StazOn, purple ink by ColorBox, oval cutter by Creative Memories, damask embossing folder by Sissix.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!