March 25, 2013

Riding By to Say Hi!

I managed to get some more time to create this weekend and I made this card for two challenges.  One is Addicted to CAS.  It's my first time submitting a card there but I've been following for a while.  The code word is Spring.  I really love the CAS style.  I find it challenging as I always seem to want to add more.  It's all about practicing restraint and I'm sure a lot of you out there find this as hard as I do!  :-). The second is CASE Study (challenge #133).  Again this is my first time participating.  They have a muse card and you create something inspired by it.  Here's the inspiration card by Julie Ebersole.



Fabulous isn't it?  Anyway, onto my card.



Part of what I like about this card is its all about stamping.  The bike, flourishes, the flowers and hearts all stamped.  I did use some prismacolor pencils to colour in the flowers and basket on the bike though.  It seems to say to me Spring with the colours and flowers and of course the bike.  It's that time of year when people start dusting off their bicycles to enjoy the outdoors.  :-)

Well, That's all I have to share for now.  Hope you all have a fabulous day!

Supplies: bike stamp by Hero Arts, flowers and hello stamps by Imaginessense (I think), flourish by Inkadinkado, heart stamps by Verve, green ink (softly sage), purple ink (perfect plum), blue ink (ballet blue) all by Stampin' Up!, yellow ink by Studio G, pink ink by ColorBox.

6 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kim. Love the way you've added the flowers and hearts on the swirls. Such a pretty card that shouts SPRING! Thanks so much for joining the fun at A2CAS.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim. Such a fun card! Love the bicycle with the flower basket on the front ... and those flourishes, flowers and hearts are so sweet swirling around the bike. Great take on the inspiration piece! Thanks so much for joining us at Addicted to CAS! Loll :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! It's great to pop up the stamped panel. awesomeness! Saw your entry on Addicted to CAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim, I love the motion captured in your card with the flourish and flowers behind the bike! Great CAS card and take on Julie's card! Thank you for joining us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one darling card, Kim! I love your CAS approach and creative use of the stamps. Just delightful in every way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the well-deserved Top Three from ATCAS, Kim!! What a fantastic thrill for your first time playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!