August 27, 2014

Christmas Truckin'

Hello everyone!  I am trying to get back into posting and card making since coming back from holidays.  We had such a good time in PEI it was hard to leave.  :-).  I mean take a look at some of these photos!



(my son loves the ocean)


It was so great seeing my brother and his family along with my parents again.  Hoping it will become a tradition.  :-).

Anyway, I've got a card to share today that I had started before I went on holidays but never got done.  It was supposed to be for Festive Friday Christmas challenge but I just ran out of time.  :-(. I missed a challenge and I might miss the next one if I don't get a chance to make anything today.  I was doing so well too!  Ah well, that's life.  In any case, I wanted to share it with you all.  Take a look...

 

So I used my Stampin' Up! truck stamp but masked out the baskets of apples in the truck bed and the "apples for sale" sign on the back.  I coloured it in with my Spectrum Noir markers and then filled the bed of the truck with some dimensional snow.  I added some snow to the ground as well to obscure the grass.  I matted it on some red paper and attached it to my card base.  I stamped my sentiment (Stampabilities) in black.  I love how it turned out.  I do want to mention that you need to be careful adding the snow near the coloured parts.  The marker will tend to bleed into the snow, especially the red.  I just added more over top after it dried to cover any bleeding.  :-)

I'd like to take a moment to welcome a new follower too.  A warm welcome to Karen M. of Made By Meadie.  She's from Tasmania, Australia and has been blogging since 2011.  She is a gifted card artist has made some truly beautiful cards.  You should definitely stop by her blog for a visit.  :-)

Well, I think that's all for now.  Hope you have a fantastic day and thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

  1. Your photos of PEI have me about ready to pack my suitcase and hit the road. Beautiful! From sunny beaches and summery weather, you zip us forward to the cool of winter to the charming scene you've created with the snow-filled truck. That is one absolutely awesome card, Kim!! Love the poufy snow and your colouring, as always, rocks! The red contrasted with white...now that's Christmas festive to the max!! Fabulous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!