August 04, 2014

Guest Designing for STAMPlorations

Hello everyone!  Recently I was asked to guest design for STAMPlorations Sketch Challenge #17.  I most happliy accepted.  They have a really great sketch for this challenge too.  Take a look...


So many ideas came to mind.  I broke out the Ecletic Florals set by STAMPlorations and got to work.  Here's what I came up with...




I made some masks using the flower stamps and stamped my flowers into an arrangement using lime and aqua ink (ColorBox).  I stamped the jar in black then shaded it using TB1 Spectrum Noir marker and blender pen.  I added a bit of glitter to the aqua flowers.  I cut a panel of aqua cardstock to layer underneath my main image panel and added some lime green plaid washi tape.  I stamped my sentiment (Stampabilities) in black.  Love this colour combo.  So bright and fresh!

I hope that you will all join in on the fun for this sketch challenge.  You really need to check out the DTs cards too.  They are fabulous!

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

The Card Concept - a lovely colour combo challenge.  My card would fall under clean and simple.


Addicted to Stamps and More - anything goes
TIME OUT challenges - celebrations (there's an optional twist of using a butterfly but I decided not to)

I've got a new follower to welcome today.  Please be sure to go and visit, Sid, of Harpies Crafty Corner.  Welcome Sid!  Sid has been blogging for quite some time and has some amazing crafty projects to share.  :-)

Well, I mentioned in a previous post that this month marks my second year of blogging.  I was going to do something special this month but it's been so busy that I haven't been able to arrange it.  So, since we go on holidays in about a week and a half I'm going to postpone the celebration until after we get back.  I want to do it properly.  So, stay tuned for some fun!  :-)

I hope you all have a fabulous day and thanks for visiting!





13 comments:

  1. Congrats on the GD spot, Kim - and what a fabulous card you've created for the challenge. Your vase of masked flowers (I need masking practice...another 'must learn' on the ever expanding list!), is sooooooo pretty in aqua and lime. Eye-catching and all around delightful!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for GDing with such a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the GDT Kim and you have done this in style. I love your CAS take on the sketch and you are am expert on masking. And also looking forward to your 2nd Anniversary celebration!! Thanks for joining us at TIME OUT X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8/04/2014

    Hi Kim. Fabulous use of the Eclectic Florals set. Love your choice of colours and the way you coloured the vase. Great card. Good to have you as our guest designer here at STAMPlorations. Have a lovely day! Monika x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your Guest DT spot! This is such a stunning card, Kim! Beautiful masking, and I love the color combo...so pretty!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM! I hope you'll be back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Jar topped with flowers :) those colors look perfect and washi tape... So cool. So glad to have you Guest Design for us !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card, Kim - LOVE how you used the color combo here! Perfect masking! Great to have you with us as GDT! Hugs, Cornelia DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your colours are so beautiful, Kim! LOVE your perfect masking. Welcome to STAMPlorations as our guest designer and thanks so much for playing along at ATSM xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card! I love the design and great job on the masking! So happy you joined us at The Card Concept Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those zingy flowers, Kim! Great to have you as Guest Designer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your DT inspiration is sensational, Kim, and just brilliant for your Guest Design spot! Congratulations! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous!! Simple yet so very striking - thanks so much for sharing at Time Out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!