December 15, 2014

Never Too Early to Make a Card For Your Mom

So, it may seem weird to see a Mother's Day card in December but who said you can't start early?  Heck, I make Christmas cards in May so it only seems fair.  LOL.  Besides, you are all probably tired of seeing Christmas cards right now.  This is a simple card but I just love how it turned out.  Check it out...


I used one of the flowers from STAMPlorations, Bloom Sketches set and stamped it in soft suede (SU!) several times using a mask.  Then I coloured it with some pencil crayons.  I stuck with white and browns to keep it neutral and soft.  I stamped the sentiment (Stampabilities) in the soft suede as well.  That's it.  Simple, one layer and sweet.  I love this flower stamp.  So pretty.  :-)

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

STAMPlorations - December challenge, pick a previous challenge.  I chose stamps and flowers.
STAMPlorations - ongoing anything goes challenge
Addicted to CAS - code word is "family".
The Card Concept - inspired by the neutral colours.  In my usual CAS style.


Well, I hope you are all having a wonderful day and I thank you for dropping by for a visit!

24 comments:

  1. Goodness, Kim! This is GORGEOUS! Absolutely love the neutral colors you used -- super shading with the pencil crayons -- and great masking!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card. I love that you left it monochromatic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right - we see Christmas cards all year long, why not other holidays! And you will feel so organized come Mother's Day ;)
    The way you colored those flowers gives this OLC a lot of dimension! Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what a gorgeous creation! So soft and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, wow, this is brilliant! (and indeed a welcome break from Xmas cards) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just stunning! Thanks for joining in at both ATCAS & STAMPorations

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so beautiful Kim, great masking and the colour choice so perfect. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beyond Beautiful!
    Thanks for playing at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah-mazing !! I love this :) Thank you for sharing with ATCAS n Stamplorations !

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING!!!!! Thanks for joining me the GD and the rest of the team at The Card Concept. You are very talented! Who is to say when its to early for you to make any card...LOL Your mom will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a pretty card. Love the soft effect you've created Kim. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mouth agape. Wonderful design. Great use of that flower stamp. Thanks so much for sharing this beauty in the STAMPlorations gallery too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is pure gorgeousness! This is my new favorite from you (previous one being the poinsettias!). Great work Kim! And tanks for joining us at STAMPlorations. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely card. Just beautiful!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  15. absolutely beautiful ... love this !!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just saw that you won over at Stamplorations for this remarkable card, Kim, and I had to come and congratulate you! It is so being pinned! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sharon L. Frees1/15/2015

    This cards is stupendous. I like the clean & simple look it has, even though I know it was not simple to complete. You definitely have a beautiful eye for shading & coloring. I could only hope to be as good as you. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great card. It's eye catching. It looks as though it's raised up and I was amazed that it's single layer. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Absolutely beautiful and very elegant card. Using bright crayons was brilliant. Very vivid picture.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  21. Amzing effect Kim! The flowers really pop off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looove your card Kim - simple and so effective that colour combo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!