September 19, 2015

A Card Makeover

Hey everyone. Just want to do a quick post to link up to a couple of challenges. Today is going to be a busy day as we are going to get a new front door and a new washing machine.  Plus, we are picking up the new countertops for the kitchen we ordered. Then once that's all done it's off to the Queens County Fair in Gagetown. It will be Donovan's first time on the rides. He's pretty excited. Anyway, on to the card.  This card came about because of the Makeover Challenge that Hero Arts is having right now. You were to take a previously made card and remake it. This is the card I chose to remake...


And this is the new card I made...


I, obviously, flipped the design vertical and changed the main image I used.  I stamped my image (K5620, Winter Moon) using the Hero Arts Pool to Navy ombré ink then cut it out with my oval cutter. Using the same oval cutter I cut out a oval border as well. On the card base, rather than having an embossed panel, I stamped a snowflake (from the Hero Arts LP209 set) in SSS sea glass ink. Then I adhered my border to my image and attached it with some foam dots to my card. Then I took a pale blue piece of card stock cut a narrow banner from it and stamped my sentiment (Micheals stamp) in the ombré ink.  Then I attached it to the card. I loved the original card quite a bit and I love how this card turned out too. :-)

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

Linking up to the following challenges:

Hero Arts Makeover Challenge - remake a previous card

3 comments:

  1. love your makeover, Kim - probably because i love soft colors - the orientation of the card, the trees, the background embossing all make your new card so classy - love looking at these makeovers - this looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea for making a large number of cards eg Christmas , because you are reusing the ideas, but varying them enough to keep yourself interested. Both cards are serenely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!