September 28, 2015

STAMPlorations Inspiration Post #39

Hey everyone!  Are you ready for some more inspiration from the STAMPlorations team?  Today we've got some great projects to share with you.  And if you feel so inclined, you can CASE one of our cards from today's post or from posts #36, #37, #38, or from any of our cards from the CASEplorations post, including our GD's (Gail) card.  Here's what I made for you today...


(All stamps are by STAMPlorations)

This card was made using at least one non-Christmas stamps.  The wreath itself was made from a foliage stamp from the Frames and Flowers set.  First I took the circle frame from the set and in a very pale beige ink I stamped it on my light beige card base.  This gave me the nice circle shape to use as a guide when I stamped my foliage. I stamped the foliage in three Memento green inks; New Sprout, Bamboo Leaves and Cottage Ivy.  I went from lightest to darkest.  Then I added three small paper flowers I've had in my stash forever.  I attached them using some small gold brads.  I decided after I added them to stamps few twigs (Christmas Bell Medley set) and had to cover the flowers so they wouldn't get stamped.  I added some white berries to the twigs with a white gel pen.  Then I stamped the sentiment (Christmas Bell Medley set) in soft suede ink (SU!).  I added some scored lines to the top and bottom.  I'm really liking the scored lines lately. I think they really add to the design without overwhelming it.

I hope you'll join in on the fun with us and CASE a card.  You should check out the other DT ladies projects too. All fabulous!  Well, thanks for visiting and I hope you have an awesome day!


I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - holiday
Christmas Card Challenges - anything goes
Winter Wonderland - Traditional Christmas

8 comments:

  1. Love the way you did the wreath and those red flowers are so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wreath, Kim - love the twigs and berries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous wreath. Thank you for joining us at Winter Wonderland for our Traditional Christmas challenge.
    Deborah A

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a CUTEEEE card Kim..love the wreath! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully constructed Kim, looks easy but probably wasn't, a CAS beauty.
    So pleased to see it in the ATSM gallery. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the curved leaf stamp you used to create your wreath, such movement in those three greens, and a great idea to use the beige base too.
    Thanks for sharing at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wreath, Kim. Love how you used the leaves. Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges. Marsha DT @ SCCC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!