October 13, 2015

One Layer Christmas Card Challenge #19 Reminder

Just a reminder that there's still about a week left to link up your cards to One Layer Christmas Card Challenges current challenge.  As always it's anything goes but you have the option to use the twist.  The twist this time is Silver.  If you do use the twist you'll be entered in for the drawing to win an ARTplorations stencil!  Here's my card to inspire you...


I stamped my branches and birds (Penny Black) and embossed in a silver embossing powder on a black card base.  This powder has glitter in it too so it's nice and sparkly.  I embossed the sentiment (Michaels) in the same powder.  I wanted the birds to stand out more so I coloured them with my red Spectrum Noir marker.  It's a quick card but very striking I think as well as untraditional in the colour scheme.

Anyway, I hope you'll take a moment to join us over at OLCCC.  We would love to see you there!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS - code word is Sparkle.
Christmas Card Challenges - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - CAS Christmas

8 comments:

  1. This is so dramatic and beautiful! Love the silver embossed on the black!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black and silver combo looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really beautiful design Kim ... love it done on the dark background. Very striking!! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the sliver on black. Nice contrast and splash of red is cool! Gorgeous card, Kim! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Clean and Simple Christmas challenge
    Gayatri

    ReplyDelete
  5. The silver embossing looks so elegant Kim...beautiful card! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty and different card. Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Card Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The silver really sparkles nicely against the dark background. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I find OLCs so hard to do, they often end up looking a bit bland, but this is far from bland, it's so elegant with the silver on black and little touches of red....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!