January 14, 2017

Inkspirational Challenge - Prompt Word

Happy Saturday everyone!  Well, here in Jemseg, NB we've gone from warm temperatures and rain to cold and windy.  Crazy weather!  My backyard and a good portion of my long driveway are both like a skating rink.  Had to buy slip on shoe spikes just to be able to walk to the car or take the dog out without falling down! 

Anyway, it's time, again, for another challenge over at Inkspirational!  This time we have a prompt word.  The word is, Flutter.


Lots of great possibilities with this!  I went with a rather obvious one, I think, but a good one.  Take a look....



Yes, a butterfly certainly flutters!  So, first, I stamped my butterfly (Stampendous) and embossed it with gold glitter embossing powder on a dark blue card base.  Then I took my flowers (STAMPlorations) and stamped them using Nautical Blue Memento ink while masking my butterfly.  I then stamped my sentiment (Happy Little Stampers) in the same blue.  Love that glittery big butterfly!

I do hope you'll all take a little trip over to the main blog and check out what our lovely guest designer and the rest of the DT have made.  Such gorgeous projects!  Take some time and make a card of your own and link up with us too.

Thanks so much for dropping by and I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

I'd like to link up to the following challenge:

CAS-ual Fridays - Everything Turns to Gold

9 comments:

  1. Wonderful card Kim, I love the use of dark card base and that big butterfly... And the tone on tone bg really adds interest. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb dramatic card Kim and I do like how you created that subtle background

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the subtle background and the butterfly is stunning in the gold against the blue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your big gold butterfly is beautiful in front of the subtle background! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gold against the blue and the subtly stamped background.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm swooning over your big, glittery butterfly, made all the more elegant in gold and set atop the rich blue background! Gorgeous!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it ! You just can't beat gold embossing powder especially when it is so beautifully done, this is such a stand out card.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Kim - love the subtle blue stamping in the background!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!