October 22, 2014

Enjoy The Season

Well, it's been a while since I last posted. Last weekend was busy and the week before was Thanksgiving. Time just got away from me. I have been busy working on some publication submissions as well.  Fingers crossed I get some picked up again!  :-)

I've got a card to share today and while it is a Christmas card it's not purple!  LOL.  Take a look....


This card gave me some trouble.  I just couldn't seem to get it the way I wanted and then I saw a sketch challenge and it just worked perfectly!  So first I inked up my tree stamp (Hero Arts) with midnight and aqua (Color Box) blending them on the stamp. I made a oval frame for it and colored the edge with a pale aqua spectrum noir marker.  I ran a white panel of cardstock through a snowflake embossing folder (Darice) and adhered this to my white card base.  I stamped my sentiment (Hero Arts LP209) in midnight and cut it out with my circle cutter.  I attached it and the oval with some foam dots to my card.  I really like this HA stamp.  It's a cool negative effect.

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - it's their "holiday" theme.
CAS on Sunday - embossing.
Hero Arts Holiday challenge - this card would fall into the "white out" category.
a2z Scrapbooking - use two Hero Arts products.  I've used two different stamps.
STAMPlorations - biweekly sketch challenge.


I'd also like to welcome two new followers!  A warm welcome to Mary of Very Inky Fingers ( I have ink stains on mine right now. LOL) and Bobby of Bits & Pieces.  Please take the time to visit their blogs and check out their cards.  Leave some love too!

Well, I hope you all have a fantastic day and thanks for stopping by!

32 comments:

  1. Love the rich blue colour here and fabulous embossing folder Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness this is so stunning, it actually looks like its snowing out there :) perfection

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing with STAMPlorations :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Striking and gorgeous card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a really gorgeous negative stamp and I love your choice of blues. I also have that embossing folder, I really must make some of use of it in the run up to Christmas! Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week, Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning! I really like the texture, the gorgeous image and the simple layout! Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love this. Does not look like you had any trouble here - you created such a beautiful wintry scene here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your wintery scene Kim. The shades of blue are gorgeous. And love the embossed snowflake background. Loll

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous!!! That stamp is beautiful and the colors you've chosen couldn't be better with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, man...that wasn't really Jonah...it was me, GERI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, this is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card, Kim! I love your embossed background and your winter scene is stunning!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM, and for playing in the monthly challenge at a2z Scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning, love the shaded sky against the embossed background.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, how cool is that stamp, leaving the tree as the negative...and your background is absolutely beautiful! Stunning card, Kim...Wow...
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow great card thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am in LOVE with your card! I love the blue on the white oval and background. It's so striking! Thanks for playing along at ATSM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your card. Its apparent simplicity disguises all the planning and work it obviously took. The first impression it gives me is of a Delft porcelain piece. Beautirul. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful - I love the oval shape.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that blue sky caught my eye straight away, this is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous card! Love this winter scene! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a beatitiful Kim! I love the serene color choices! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Anonymous10/29/2014

    Wow! Your card is just gorgeous! I LOVE the elegant simplicity! Sue N

    ReplyDelete
  24. just so perfect! So happy to see you joined us at a2z!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Totally am,azing use of the sketch and a beautiful scene card! Thanks for joining in at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the beautiful winter scene. Thanks for playing along with a2z Scrapbooking challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. congrats on HM at ATSM x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful card Kim, the colours and design are stunning, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful card, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!