March 07, 2015

Oh, Happy Day!

Today I have a card to share that utilizes my drawing skills again.  It's been a while since I've really drawn anything so doing some drawing on these past two cards has been quite nice.  Makes me realize how much I miss it and need to get back into it.  :-). Don't get me wrong, I love my stamps and I will continue to stamp my little heart out but I think I'll do some drawing and painting again too.  I'll do some on cards and maybe some other things too.  :-)

Anyway, here's my card...




So I drew my three shamrocks in pencil then traced over with a fine tip black sharpie.  Then I coloured them in with my Spectrum Noir markers (CG2, LG5, JG6).  Then I masked off my shamrocks and stamped a small dot (Technique Tuesday, Flurry Set) in yellow (Memento) then splattered some watered down Mellow Moss (SU!).  Then I took my mini coral stencil (TCW) and sponged on some glossy accents.  I wanted the stenciled part to be subtle.  Then I took my heart stamp (Verve Stamps, Hoppy Easter Set) and stamped it to look like a shamrock using StazOn dove grey ink.  Then I stamped my sentiment (STAMPlorations, Sketched Blooms Set) in black.  I added a few sequins (Neat and Tangled) for some sparkle.  Lastly, I attached my panel to my card base with some foam dots.

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

Spectrum Noir March challenge - use a sentiment.
Addicted to Stamps and More - create a CAS card.
Less is More - colour challenge, Yellow and Green.
STAMPlorations - monthly challenge for March - Stamps and Stencils.
STAMPlorations - sketch challenge #29


Sparkle and Shine Challenge -


Curtain Call -


Well, hope you are all having a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping in for a visit.

17 comments:

  1. Kim this is stunning. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These four leaf clovers are so amazing, Kim - they way you drew and colored them! Very impressive! I am telling you, you should create you own stamps! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, Kim this card.....I do so much get the feeling of creating with something handdrawn. As always I truly appreciate the inspiration you bring me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great drawing skills, this is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  6. What talent Kim... this is terrific, your drawing is fantastic!
    The card is tremendous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim you are so talented, this is amazing!
    Unfortunately you seem to have entered more than five challenges, so your card isn't eligible for Less is More :(
    Do please join us again!
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Awesome card! Love your smart and talented skill ! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your coloring of the clover - thanks for sharing your card at ATSM this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmmm! this is one stunning card. love your shamrocks. thanks for playing along with us at curtain call.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love your hand drawn shamrocks. I can only draw stick people! Fantastic card and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful card. Love how you have used your sequins! Thanks for joining us at Sparkle And Shine Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some of the prettiest shamrocks I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You DREW these?!?! Girl, you've got talent coming out in droves! I'm so jealous of you! Amazingly bright and gorgeous design! Thanks for being such a rockstar at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a master piece :) love this beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are very talented, fabulous layout and colouring. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations 29th Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!