October 22, 2016

Inkspirational Challenge - Black + One Other Colour

Oh, it is going to be a rainy weekend here!  Boo!  🌂 It has been a rather rainy Fall so far.  I know it is important but it makes it hard to do stuff outside, like stack our firewood on the porch.  Oh well, it will get done.  :-)

So, it is time for another challenge over at Inkspirational!  We have got a fun color challenge for you this time.  Black + One other color.  (You can use white too if you want.)


I decided to use a stamp set that I have neglected for a while.  Check it out....

First thing I did was do a watercolor ombre wash on watercolor paper using Seedless Preserves Distress ink.  I really love this vibrant purple.  Once my panel was dry splattered some water on it for some water spots.  Then, I stamped my neglected coneflowers and grass (SU!) in black Versafine ink.  I stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations) in black as well.  Lastly, I attached my panel to a black card base exposing a narrow strip down one side.

So, I hope you'll come on over to the main blog and join in on the fun!  You'll see some outstanding projects by the rest of the DT too.  😀

Have an awesome weekend and thanks for stopping by!

I'd link to link up to the following challenges:

Becca's Hop to Stop - use purple. Becca's trying to raise awareness about domestic violence. It's an important issue and if you'd like to help out you can link a card and even send it to Becca where they'll be donated to the local shelter.

Addicted to Stamps and More - anything goes
The Flower Challenge - Anything Goes

19 comments:

  1. I just go ohhh and ahhh over your cards, Kim. These silhouette stamps against the gorgeous ombre background is just stunning.
    We've got plenty of rain here in DK as well. Good excuse for crafty time indoor ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! The background is inked so perfectly, and the silhouette stamp looks lovely against the color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that background, gorgeous ombré look x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think of black as bold and dramatic yet this is soft and pretty.I think this really shows your style - stunning coloured backgrounds and perfect stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful dramatic looking card Kim! love that purple/black colour combo and pretty flower stamping.Thank you so much for sharing with us over at The Flower challenge and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty! Love the pretty purple blending of color against the black - stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, beautiful! The bg is so pretty giving this card a soft look although the colors are so strong and vivd! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's an absolutely gorgeous colour for your background - perfect with the black sentiment and flowers. Thank you so much for playing along at the Flower Challenge. Ruth DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at ATSM, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another awesome card! Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this so much!! That background ombre colour is stunning and the black image against it is so stylish. I'm so very glad you shared it with us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm running late in commenting, but here I am, totally dazzled by your beautiful silhouette flowers! I had no idea how lovely Seedless Preserves is used as a wash (well, of course I wouldn't - I avoid water-colour as much as possible *grin*) and paired with black...talk about a gorgeous, dramatic combination! WOW!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a striking card Kim, reminds me of some of the spectacular sunsets we've had around here recently. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card! It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ok Kim, this card made me sniffle big time. A) because it's so beautiful, but B) because of the stamps you used (and I'm not even talking about the Strong Women set. When my grandma passed away, I was able to receive some of her stamps and that big Stampin' up daisy and grass was one of them. It was always one of her faves. Loooove the ombre, love this card, and am sending lots of love your way. Thanks for touching my <3 today. Thank you for joining in the Hop to Stop and helping to raise awareness for victims of domestic violence.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card! I love the ombre watercolor background! Those cone flowers are beautiful, the background really makes them stand out! Love that sentiment too! Beautiful card for a wonderful cause!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful background! Love those images too... perfect for this type of card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!