October 18, 2016

STAMPlorations Inspiration #101

Happy Tuesday everyone!  It's time for another inspiration post over at STAMPlorations!  Today I've got something a little different for you.  Amazingly enough, it's not a card. It is Christmas themed though,  I had an idea to try something and so I did.  Take a look....


I had this glass ornament that I'd been meaning to glass etch something on but I decided to experiment with stamping and alcohol inks.  So I took my poinsettia stamp (Holiday Sketches: Christmas Flower set) and using black StazOn ink stamped onto the glass. Because StazOn is a solvent ink it won't rub off.  Then using my Spectrum Noir markers I coloured in my poinsettia from the opposite side.  The reason I did this is the alcohol ink can affect the solvent ink.  Once the alcohol ink is dry it won't rub off.  I added a ribbon and my ornament was done!

Well, I hope you enjoyed my little deviation from card making. Be sure to check out the rest of the DT's projects too. Some awesome stuff to see!

Have a lovely day and thanks for visiting!

5 comments:

  1. Really pretty - cool ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative! Wow! You and your cool ideas - always inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this.
    Would be great presents - not a big project
    but detailed enough to impress the recipient.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is striking. I love the rich colours and the ornament will look so pretty on the tree

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!