March 11, 2017

Inkspirational Challenge - Designer's Choice

Hey Inkspirational fans!  I'm back!  I've been on a bit of a hiatus due to general craziness here.  I needed to take a break from my favourite challenge blog.  But, I'm back now and just in time for my designer's choice challenge!  This time I decided to go with a technique challenge and one I've never done before.  Watercolour smooshing.


It was a fun experiment and I think I'll probably play with this technique again.  This is what I came up with...




I needed an anniversary card for my in-laws and it needed to be a special one.  They are celebrating 50 years together!  Since it was their golden anniversary I needed to use gold.  So, what I did was take my plastic sheet and I smeared on some Seedless Preserves Distress ink and then sprayed on some Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold mist.  I pressed my card base into this and voila!  I love the marble like look to it.  I stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations) in black versamark and added the 50 with some glitter stickers I coloured gold.  I stamped the heart (STAMPlorations) in the Seedless Preserves several times.  Lastly, I added a strip of gold glitter tape.

I do hope you'll pop on by the blog and check out the fabulous creations by the rest of the design team.  Most had never tried this technique and they certainly rose to the occasion and made some amazing cards!

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have an amazing weekend!  So glad to be back!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful to have you back in the team! Purple and gold look so luxurious together... And 50 years, wow! I'm sure the couple loved this card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Love the shape of the smooshed bit and it looks great with gold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is BACK! YAY :D And with a jaw-dropping gorgeous card!
    So good to have you back Kim. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card! I like the bold purple and the addition of that gold mist. Thanks for a great challenge! Something I would not have tried on my own. =)

    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you're back; hopefully, things have settled down for you! You've created a gorgeous card for your in-laws, to mark this milestone anniversary! The hues of purples, paired with the gold, are so striking! As much as I was challenged by smooshing, I'm thrilled that, finally, something emerged that I liked. Oh...and you may just see a smoosh-or-two from me in the near future!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic background. The gold sets it off. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!