June 18, 2014

Merry Christmas Sled

Hello everyone!  I'm sorry I haven't been by your blogs lately.  It's been a busy week so far.  It's the last week of school and on Monday I went with my son's class to the Zoo at Magnetic Hill in Moncton.  It was a long and tiring day but lots of fun.  We've had company for a few days as well.  I think the busy-ness won't be ending anytime soon, either.  On Saturday we go to pick up our new puppy!  We are getting a Treeing Walker Coonhound.  They are a good hunting dog breed but make great family pets too.  Looks kind if like a beagle but taller and slimmer.  We've decided to call her Summer since we will be getting her on the first day of summer.  Here's a picture of her.


Isn't she sweet?!  And this picture doesn't do her justice either.  It's going to be an interesting summer!

Anyway, I'll do my best to visit you all when I can.  I do have a card to share.  I made this for the Festive Friday challenge going on right now.  It's almost over and as usual I'm linking up last minute. LOL.  :-).  Here's the inspiration....


And here's my card...


I really liked the sled image and so I pulled out a NBUS sled stamp (winter wonderland set by Recollections) and stamped and coloured with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I wanted it to look like it was in a snow bank so I used some texture snow.  Then I stamped my sentiment (Stampabilities) in green.  Layer my panel on some green striped and glittered paper and then attached to my card base.

I'm going to link up to the following challenge as well:

Jingle Belles - use red and green

Well, thats all for now!  Have a wonderful day and thanks for visiting.

7 comments:

  1. Your sled card is fabulous; simple, festive, fun. Now about that PUPPY...eeeeeeee!! How adorable is your little Summer - sooooo totally a-dor-a-ble! I used to be a dog-mom years ago, to two miniature schnauzers, who I miss immensely. Your new fur-baby will totally love being welcomed into your family...oh, the spoiling and pampering she's about to receive! Keep sharing photos of this cutie-patootie!! Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful C&S holiday card, i especially love that textural snow under the sled, it's perfect! thanks for celebrating red and green with us at JINGLE BELLES this fortnight! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the snowy texture ... what a great clean & simple card design ... so glad you joined us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the puppy is precious! You're so lucky :) Your card is amazing too! Love the little snow bank you added under the sled! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card Kim, love the snowy texture. Your puppy looks adorable, lots of fun ahead, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your puppy is adorable! As for your card - I really struggled to figure out how to include the green of the forest, you did it perfectly! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO nice, Kim! I really love the simplicity of it! Great to have you with us again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!