March 24, 2013

"Secret Garden" Challenge at RCS

So, it's time for another card challenge at Red Carpet Studio!  This week it's based on the movie, The Secret Garden.  You have to use flowers in you card.  The sponsors for this weeks challenge prize is Saturated Canary.  They have been generous to put up a prize of two free digi stamps of the winners choice.  You need to check out their digi stamps.  They are fantastic!



The card I'm sharing today for your inspiration uses one of SC's images.  I just love it!  It was so much fun to colour.  Anyway, here it is....



After I printed and coloured my image I cut it out with my oval cutting system by Creative Memories.  I layered green underneath.  On top of the white card base I layered a cream paper which I stamped in green with the flourish and attached to the card base.  I then cut strips of purple, the embossed pale yellow, and white paper, added some pale green ribbon and attached to cream panel.  I cut a strip of green and stamped the flourish in green and added to the bottom of card.  I attached the image and added the flower.  The flower is a combination of three different flowers.  The bottom flower was originally white and I inked it up with some purple.  I'm quite pleased with the results and I hope this inspires you all to join the fun at RCS.

I'm going to enter this into the Spectrum Noir challenge which is all about Spring.

That's all for me for now.  Have a fabulous day!

Supplies:  white and cream card stock by Recollections,  purple paper by Provocraft, green paper by American Crafts,  pale yellow embossed paper by ATD, flourish stamp from dot flourish set by Inkadinkado, digital stamp, "Windy Day" from Saturated Canary, ribbon from Walmart, bottom flower by Creative Impressions, middle flower unknown, top flower by Marcel Schurman Creations, ink used on bottom flower was royal purple by StazOn, black ink for sentiment by Memento, green ink was Mellow Moss by Stampin' Up!, markers used were Spectrum Noir.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!