May 05, 2013

Christmas Is For The Birds...

How is everyone doing today?  I hope you are having as nice weather as we are here.  Warm (18 degrees C), and sunny with just a bit of a breeze.  It's been like this for a good week or so.  As much as we are enjoying the wonderful weather we really do need some rain.  Things are pretty dry. 

Anyway, today's card was made for two Christmas card challenges.  The first being Festive Fridays. It's an element theme at FF this time and that element you must have in your card is a bird.


The second challenge is at Jingle Belles.  The theme is things that fly.....angels, birds, even reindeer.  :-)  It was funny that both blogs were doing almost the same theme.  Worked out well for me anyway.  I love killing two *birds* with one stone.  LOL.  Okay, so here's the card....



I had this idea in my head and let me tell you did I have a rough time getting it to work out!  It's not quite exactly what I envisioned but I really love it.  I'm really getting good use out of my unknown bare branch tree stamp.  (I keep saying I need another and this is still true)  I stamped that with Jet Black StazOn ink on my blue paper (Provo Craft) and then stamped my bird in Blazing Red StazOn.  This bird is part of a bigger stamp that has other birds and a bird bath.  It's by Inkadinkado from the Utopiary set.  I matted them in black and created my triptych on a white panel, raising them up with some foam dots.  I stamped the sentiment (Hero Arts, Joy to All set) in Jet Black StazOn underneath the triptych.  Then the panel in matted in red and attached to a white card base.  I made a bow with red and white twine (which I received in a card exchange) and attached a red jingle bell (Dollarama) and then attached to card.

I am so loving this card!  I thought of adding glitter or "snow" to the trees but decided to leave it alone.  Sometimes you just need to stop.  LOL.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get some more card making done in the next few days so will have more to share later.  Have a fabulous day!

7 comments:

  1. Love this colour combination - the small pops of red make it perfect for Christmas! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove this! The tryptic looks incredible, and I love the pop of red of the bird. This is beautiful! Good to see you again Kim!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I'm so loving it, too, Kim! So very nice...wonderful colors, beautiful layout, and sweet embellishments...PERFECT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. well *I* am also soooooooooooo ♥LOVING♥ this card, and i think i can predict a similar trend with all who see it, and especially the lucky person who finds it in their mailbox in december! what a masterpiece of clever stamping and design! thanks for "FLYING HOME FOR XMAS" with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those fabulous panels ... what an awesome holiday design ... so very glad you joined us at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love everything about this card you do beautiful work and kind of inspire me to maybe put up some pics of my own cards'thanks Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aawww, thanks Laurie! You should post your stuff. I warn you it's addictive!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!