February 13, 2014

Love Gives You Wings

Here I am, back again.  This is the other card I made this morning.  It was inspired by Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.





This is the inspiration photo for the challenge.


So, I was inspired by the heart and the pink and gold.  I used two of their free digis.  The hearts and the feathers.  I coloured the hearts with my a Spectrum Noir markers and cut them out.  I decided to incorporate the gold in the form of the arrow going through the hearts.  There is one in the original but it's hidden by the one I made out of gold wire.  I added a little extra touch to the end in the form of the fletching which is made from a real piece of feather.  :-).  I printed off two of the feathers and fussy cut them out and then glittered them up (dazzling diamonds glitter by SU!).  I took a panel of white cardstock and embossed it with my interlocking circle folder (Darice).  I attached my feathers and then my hearts (the hearts are raised with foam dots) to my embossed panel and then attached that to my white card base with some foam dots.  I think this turned out pretty well.

I'm going to link up to Addicted to CAS as well where there code word is "love".

That's all she wrote for today!  Thanks for visiting and have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous2/14/2014

    Hio Kim, so glad you joined us at ATCAS with your beautiful card. The attention to detail and the beautiful shading on the hearts is just perfect. Love the touch of glitter too. Thanks so much for playing along and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this beautiful CAS card Kim - the colouring on the hearts is fabulous and what a great idea to use the feathers for "wings"!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at ATCAS - Sylvia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love this card! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a winner card to me - just wonderful! I love the shading on the hearts and the glitter on the feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!! LOVING your FUN card!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Weekend!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card-- love those wings and the arrow! FAB take on this photo:) THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!! Hope you join in the fun again this week (Anything Goes)!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim, this is SO trendy and beautiful!!! (LOVE the way you colored the hearts!) And that arrow...so artsy fartsy...LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!