March 14, 2014

Blue Skies Ahead

Here's hoping there are some blue skies and sunshine ahead.  What a miserable day out today.  School was cancelled due to the weather and so we are stuck inside.  Donovan is happily playing his Lego Star Wars game at the moment but his time is almost up.  I'm sure he'll end up playing with his Star Wars toys right after.  LOL.  We've created a Star Wars monster.  Of course, we are actually proud of this.  :-).

Anyway, I've got a card to share today that will hopefully, pick your spirits up out of the doldrums that this years winter weather has most likely created.


I used a sun digi stamp by Paper Smooches and the clouds are from PS as well from the Eco Friendly set.  I used some leftover paper I had that was made with alcohol inks for the clouds.  I coloured the sun with my Spectrum Noir markers and fussy cut it and the clouds out.  I arranged them how I wanted on my white cardstock panel and adhered them on.  I raised the one cloud on top with some foam dots.  Then I stamped the sentiment which is from a camping set by Inkadinkado.  Lastly, I adhered my panel to my white card base with some foam dots.

I'm linking this up to the following challenges:

CAS-ual Fridays - "shades of grey" challenge.
STAMPlorations - monthly challenge for March is "stamps and spring".  This was certainly made with Spring in mind.  :-)
Addicted to Stamps and More - "anything goes" challenge.
Fusion Card Challenge -


I used the sketch only for inspiration.

Well, that's it for today.  Hope the weather is nicer wherever you are and thanks for visiting!

17 comments:

  1. This is lovely! The colouring on the sun looks great and I like how you made the paper for the clouds, great job. The sentiment is a great reminder for me, literally and metaphorically speaking. Thank you for joining us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your day is improving and hopefully the weather will too eventually....I remember my son's obsession with Star Wars a few years back....now he is obsessed with Video games.....something to look forward to.... Great card, love that smiling sun behind those grey clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The clouds are fussy cut so well, I don't know how you can be so neat and again, fab CAS design x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your happy little sun trying to get away from those pesky grey clouds! thanks for joining us at Fusion this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my gosh I LOVE THIS, Kim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This TOTALLY makes me smile, Kim! Love your shading on the itty bitty clouds. It fits so well for the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge AND the Fusion Challenge ... so glad you joined them both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kim this is such a happy card, and that sun chased away the shades of gray! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sun and springtime just HAVE to be on the horizon, Kim!! This card is super cute and sure to be a winner! Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for joining the challenge at ATSM!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love this - I can't stop smiling! Thanks for joining us at CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. serious sweetness.
    Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww this is so cute!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  12. GIRL, you know I LOVE this sunshiny card!!!! Andd CONGRATS on the ATCAS HALL of FAME, woot woot!!

    Thanks for Joining us at FUSION Kim!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful take on the sketch ... love those inky clouds ... so very glad you joined us at the Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So cute - makes me smile! Thanks for playing along with us at FUSION :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is the exact forecast for my part of the world today - sunshine and dark black clouds! I love your happy sun! Thanks so much for joining us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so hoping your talent for simple beautiful cards will rub off on me!! The sun and clouds are just wonderful and happy with your sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!