March 08, 2014

Happy Gingerbread

Hi there!  I've got a card to share today and some happy news!  First the card.  I made this with two challenges in mind.  First is Festive Friday.  They've got a delicious inspiration photo.  :-). Second is Merry Monday Christmas Challenge.  It's a great challenge which involves stitches and buttons.

(Festive Friday)

Great inspiration photo, aren't they?  Want to see what they inspired me to make?  Here ya go!


Don't you just love the gingerbread man stamp?  It's by Hero Arts.  I stamped and then coloured with my Spectrum Noir Markers then cut him out.  Added some patterned paper (from Michaels) and some red and medium teal (Bazill Basics) cardstock to a cream card base.  I punched some stitching holes in the red paper and stitched my blue and white twine through, making a double bow at the end.  Hard to see in the photo (as usual) but there is glitter on his Santa hat.  Hope you like it!

As for my happy news, I found out on Thursday that the card I had submitted to a Paper Crafts Magazine's recent call for submissions was accepted!  Yay!  Another card to be published.  Can't show you until it comes out in September though.  Let's just say it's pretty cute!  :-)

Anyway, that it for my news.  Stayed tuned for more posts as I have more cards to share!  Thanks for visiting!



14 comments:

  1. Very sweet card, Kim! Your colouring on the gingerbread man makes him look like a real cookie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute card and congrats on the pub!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kim, thank you so much for joining us at Merry Monday. I love your cropped and beautifully coloured ginger bread man. The twine stitching with double bow is a wonderful addition too. A gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday this week Kim. Your card oozes plenty of country style, love the DSP, your stitching and double bow and your gingerbread man finishes your card beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card, love the gingerbread man. Thank you joining us for Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww...this is very cute! Love that gingerbread man and your touch of stitching at the bottom! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is gorgeous! Your gingerbread man is so beautifully colored and I love how's he's peeking in from the side of your card. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this gingerbread man with his buttons, Kim! And stitching with the twine was brilliant! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, that is great news! And your gingerbread man is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card, Kim! I love your Gingerbread Man, and especially love that you are showcasing your patterned paper! Congratulations on the HM honor from MM!! Have a great week!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do love the gingerbread man. I love how he looks like he is peaking around the corner. Thanks so much for playing with us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh,this one is FUN!! I love it! Thanks for playing as always, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet combination of inspirations, Kim! Really cute AND festive! And congrats on your happy news!!! (So hard waiting isn't it?) Always appreciate you playing along!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!