March 08, 2014

Family is Like Fudge

Yes, another card!  And not the last one today either.  :-).  Recently a fellow blogger started a new challenge.  Virginia of Yes, Virginia started a challenge blog called Virginia's View.  The challenge was to try the technique of watercoloring.  This card was done using some distress inks like watercolors.


Isn't that stamp funny?  I got it from my Mom.  It's by Momenta.  The background was basically done by using a brush with the inks (broken china and forest moss) and lots of water.  I basically just played around until I liked it.  I first stamped the sentiment and embossed in white.  I added the mustache in black after it dried as it amused me.  The mustache stamp is from Michaels.  I have to say it was a lot of fun playing around with this technique.  I encourage you all to try it!

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME treatment from the mix of Distress inks and water, Kim! I love the serene background and colors with this fun sentiment (how cool and fun is your Mom!!?) and mustache! Thanks for linking up to the Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee.....AWESOME!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful colors Kim, and such a fun sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my...that is a great sentiment!!! Love your background, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun sentiment (and so true)! Great background! I agree - playing with watercolors is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!