June 05, 2015

Beach Life and Exciting News!

Hi everyone! I've got some exciting news to share with you today.  FINALLY!!  I've been keeping this to myself forever it seems!  :-).  I'm very happy to announce that I am now a part of the STAMPlorations Inspiration Design Team!  Every month the team participates in the CASEplorations challenge by CASEing an amazing card artist and then throughout the month we post inspiration cards to get your mojo going.  I'll be posting my first official card on Monday.  Hope you'll all check it out.  :-)

I have a card to share today that really makes me long for the beach. Take a look...






First, I took my light beige cardstock and splattered watered down walnut stain and tea dye Distress inks as well as watered down Memento black ink and white acrylic paint, over the entire surface.  Then I lightly spritzed some Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold mist.  This created a sandy look.  Then I stamped my pail and shovel (STAMPlorations) in walnut stain Distress ink and coloured it in with pencil crayons.  The shovel I painted (carefully and with a very small paintbrush) using white acrylic paint.  It showed up better than the pencil crayon.  I stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations) in walnut stain ink as well.  I really need a trip to a lovely beach now.  :-)

Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit and hope you have a fantastic weekend!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

CAS-ual FridaysCreate a Clean And Simple (yes, it has to be CAS) project using Tan, White and one bright color.


Fusion Card Challenge - I just used the inspiration photo.  The starfish made me think of the beach and tried to replicate the colour of the board in my pail.

Addicted to Stamps and More - "make your mark".

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations Kim. Love your card. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kim! Well deserved! Very fun card! Love the splattered background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Kim, so pleased for you and love this CAS card x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Kim...so happy for you! This card has such a wonderful beachy feel...love how you created the sandy look! So happy you could share this beauty with us at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Huge congrats on your new gig ... I love their stamps ... love the splatters on your background ... makes me wish I had my toes in the sand ... so very glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Kim, I'm so tickled for you! Congratulations!! You will make an outstanding member of an already outstanding team!! Your beach card is MWAH!! Love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sure you heard my wild cheering and thunderous applause in reading this news! Congrats to you, and what a 'win' for us...more opportunity to see your amazing inspirational creations. Your beach card...simply more evidence of your talents!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your DT assignment, Kim. Your card makes me long for the beach, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is amazing!! Now I really need to go to the beach too... I guess it's a good thing I live in Southern California (:
    Thanks for sharing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kim! That cardstock is perfect for sand and I love your CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your beach-themed card! Thanks for playing along with us at Fusion :) And congrats on your DT news! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!