April 09, 2013

Goodbye Google Reader, Hello...Bloglovin?

Well, I'm afraid I have a confession to make.  All this talk about Google Reader going bye-bye has been kind of going over my head.  I didn't fully realize how it affected me.  You see, I've never used Google Reader.  *blush*. I never even clicked on the link until recently.  I always just looked at the recent posts of all my blogs on the main Blogger page in my Reading List and then went to the blog from there.  So, I kind of didn't pay attention to all the stuff about the reader going away.  That is until I realized that the friend connect/follower gadget would disappear as well.  So, I've been doing some research.  I've seen Bloglovin mentioned a lot and decided to try it.  It seems okay and the new "Follow My Blog" seems to work.  I'm feeling a little out of my depth though.  I'm still pretty new to blogging and I was just concentating on the posts for the most part.  Hopefully, I'll get it all figured out.  I'm probably making it seem more complicated than it really is.  Anyway, I thought I'd mention about Bloglovin.  It's kind of neat really and seems pretty straightforward for the most part.  If you want to check them out click HERE.  Pretty easy sign up process.  And you always have the choice to follow by email too.  :-)

In other news, I found out this morning that I was Top 3 at Addicted To CAS in their challenge #9, code word was Spring.  Wooohooooo!  I haven't gotten too many recognitions yet so every one is pretty exciting.  It was for this card...


Which you may recall from a recent post.  :-).  Just wanted to share the news.
Have a fabulous day!

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your well-deserved CAS challenge recognition, Kim! I tried out Bloglovin and I like it so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kim! Just popping by to give you some kudos for your gorgeous card! The images and colors trailing the bike are sheer pefection. I use blog lovin as well. Is it the reading list in blogger that's going away? I'm SOOOO confused!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing though, I don't think the friend/connect thing is going away...don't quote me though! lol

      Kim Singdahlsen is a whiz and she has great info here:
      http://joyfulcreationswithkim.blogspot.ca/2011/03/friday-focus-google-reader.html

      and here:
      If you didn't use Google Reader to read your blogs,
      you are absolutely NOT affected by its loss.
      You will NOT lose followers.
      You do NOT need to add anything to your blog.
      Your blog will go on as usual!!!

      Hope that helps :)

      Delete
  3. Hi Kim, I came by to thank you for following me! I saw your post and I agree with Barb above. I posted about it on my March 27th post on my blog, basically directing everyone to Kim's blog also. It doesn't hurt that you added the Bloglovin button, but no worries about your followers having to get to you through them and no need to encourage people to join Bloglovin.

    Seems like most of us have the regular Blogger follow button which I don't see on your side bar ... if you use it (instead of "Friend Connect"), people won't have to sign in. It's one less step.

    You're doing a great job! Your blog looks great! I remember pushing buttons and just feeling my way through it by trial and error. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. (My email address is on my profile page.) This is a really friendly, helpful community!

    I'll introduce you to all my readers on my post tomorrow - thanks again!! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your success with this lovely card. Great composition and a lovely CAS design. I hope you get to grips with all the tech changes - I never seem to be able to work out what all these things are!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!