December 14, 2016

ARTplorations Stencil Blog Hop Day 1

Hey everyone!  It's an exciting day over at STAMPlorations!  Today is the first day of our ARTplorations stencil hop!  Yippee!  We STAMP girls have created some amazing projects using the fabulous stencils Shery designs.


The hop runs from today until the 20th. Everyday you will get to see some lovely projects.  Today my card features a new stencil that I think is just gorgeous.  Check it out...




I took the stencil (Peony Number Two) and sponged the following Distress inks over it: Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, and Seedless Preserves.  Once I had the colours blended the way I wanted, I splattered some water over top to create water droplets and then spritzed some Perfect Pearls Heirloom Gold mist.  I removed the stencil and stamped my sentiment (Trendy Feathers 2 set) in black on a narrow strip of white cardstock which I matted with some black cardstock. Then I attached it to my card. I just love this big and beautiful flower, don't you?

I do hope you'll join us and pop on over to the blog to see everyone's lovely work.  As usual there's prizes to be won!  All the details are at the main blog.

Have a fantastic day and thanks for stopping by!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS
CAS Mix- Up Challenge - Stamping + Sponging + your choice. I have water droplets and spray mist

23 comments:

  1. This is such a stunning card. Thank you so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and more.

    Emma - DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful Kim. LOVE this colour combination and love that new stencil. Adding the water droplets and glimmer spray adds so much visual texture and sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bright bold beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blending on the flower is absolutely amazing!! What a gorgeous design using the stencil!! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, this is the definition of beautiful! You showcased that stencil and created a glowing, gorgeous concoction of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow, this is simply stunning, the colour combo, water splatters and gold are such a great combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous flower, Kim! I love the colors you've used and the water spots! A great idea to add texture! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a brilliant coloring of this beautiful flower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the flower with the added texture

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love this card - so vibrant:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful.
    the colors are wonderful.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the colors you used on this!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty card. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sooo pretty! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your sponged stenciled peony is absolutely stunning Kim. TFS and joining us at CAS Mix Up. Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  18. That flower is amazing - big, bold and gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow! beautiful flower
    cheers
    preety

    ReplyDelete
  20. Replies
    1. And thank you for playing along with ATSM Challenge 224 - CAS

      Delete
  21. Awesome. Nice colours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty. I like the colors and the sparkle.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!