June 13, 2015

Butterfly Ombré

Hi!  Today I'm dropping in to share a card with you I made yesterday.  I was inspired by a few challenges.  I got to use one of my new die cuts and my Evolution die cutting machine for this card too.  I love my Evolution.  It's awesome!  :-)

Anyway, here's my card...


So, first I took a white panel and embossed it with my flourish folder (Darice).  Then I cut four one inch square pieces of white card stock and sponged on my four colours (spiced marmalade, mustard seed, broken china, victorian velvet distress inks) creating an ombré effect.  Then I adhered them to my embossed panel.  Next I die cut my butterfly (Simon Says Stamp) from white cardstock and adhered it to my panel centered in the squares.  Lastly, I attached my panel to my card base with foam dots.  I really like how this card turned out and I love that delicate butterfly.  I was going to put a sentiment but decided it didn't really need one.

Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit today and I hope you have an excellent weekend!

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS - code word is Butterfly.
CAS(E) This Sketch - I stayed pretty true to the sketch except for omitting the sentiment.


Waffle Flower Challenge - I was inspired by the colours and tried to mimic those ombré panels.



17 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card. Love your ombre effect squares and of course that lovely butterfly......all look so good on your embossed background. You are right it doesn't need a sentiment...and that way you can make more and use for any occasion...brilliant I say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how this card turned out, Kim! Those sponged colors are gorgeous and let that delicate butterfly shine! Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is gorgeous Kim and I love your pretty design:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card. I love the fading colour on the squares and the die cut butterfly. All looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soft, delicate and beautiful Kim. Love the ombre panels behind your pretty butterfly. Great job combining the three challenges! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card!! Thanks for playing along at the WFC challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Kim :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful ombre colors - they suite the butterfly so wonderfully! You can also submit it to Virginia's View Challenge, I think.
    (from ExperimentsWithCardMakingetc.wordpress.com)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning!!!
    Thanks for playing at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card! Thanks for sharing with us over ATCAS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is sooooooooooooo perfect, love the ombre on each square :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very lovely, lovely card! Thanks for taking the time to document what you did and which materials you used. It's so helpful to those of us just learning!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is sooo pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm swooning over the delicate, gorgeous card you've created, Kim! The background four-square is a perfect canvas for the butterfly...stunning!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!