June 08, 2015

STAMPlorations Inspiration #21

Hi everyone!  This is my first post as a part of the Inspiration Design Team over at STAMPlorations!  I'm very excited to be a part of this fabulous team and I hope you all like my first inspiration card.  Take a look...


So, I took my cupcake (Sketched: Cupcake) and created a mask then stamped it several times on my white panel.  Then I took several Distress inks (broken china, dusty concord, mowed lawn, mustard seed, spiced marmelade.  The red is Ruby red by SU!) and watered them down then took a paint brush and splashed the colors on.  Once dry, I stamped the sentiment (Vignette: Chevron and Arrows) in black and attached my panel to my white card base with foam dots.  Would you believe that I now cannot find my cupcake stamp set?  I think it's time I cleaned up my mind boggling, messy craft area!  LOL!

Want to check out what the other DT girls have created?  Go HERE.

Here's all the details on how to play along with us if you want to try your hand at CASEing:

  • Pick any card (or two, or however many) from the Inspiration Project posts that we'll be publishing throughout the month of June (June 8, 12, 22, 26, and 30) that you want to CASE. You can create any type of project -- card, ATC, altered project, mixed media, art journal page, scrapbook page, etc.
  • You can use any supplies you have. You don't have to use STAMPlorations products; products by other companies are welcome -- but please play for fun, not for promotion!
  • In your blog post, include the card you're CASEing as well as describe how you were inspired by it. Link back to the Inspiration Project post too.
  • Don't forget to link up your CASE project(s) to the Inspiration CASE Playground!
  • CASE as many cards as you want, so long as you have them in separate posts on your blog.
  • You have until July 5th to link up your creations.
And guess what?!  You could win a prize too!  One winner will be randomly drawn from all entries to win a $15 gift certificate or their choice of any 2 ARTplorations stencils.  I do hope you'll join in on the fun!

Have an awesome day and thanks for stopping by!

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

The Card Concept - my card would fall under the Clean and Simple category.  I was inspired by the cupcakes in the picture.


TGIF Challenges - watercolor


10 comments:

  1. Love the masked cupcakes and your "coloring" of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kim this is so fun. Love the colour splashes behind the cupcakes.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure looks yummy and fab masking. Thanks for joining the Card Concept x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on being part of STAMPlorations. You have created a totally fun card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting - your first post as part of the Inspiration DT! Your stack of cupcakes are so fun with the colorful splatters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stack of cupcakes, Kim. I love the watercolor accents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum, yum, yum - great card - fabulous, wonderful debut!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The masking is fabulous and so is the idea of color splashes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on joining the team and making quite the impressive debut with this stack of cupcakes card! Love the highlight colouring...ever so pretty! Hope you found your cupcake; I can't find my entire Sugar Rush set! Gahhh!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the inspiration ... I had fun masking my cupcake and playing with watercolors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!