June 20, 2015

Inkspirational Challenge - Prompt Word - Wild

Hi everyone!  Are you ready for a new, fun challenge?  Well, we've got one over at Inkspirational! The challenge this time is a prompt word.  The word is Wild.


All sorts of fun things can be associated with that word!  I interpreted it in three different ways.  Take a look...

 
So I've got the word, Wild (obviously), a wild animal print and wild neon colours!  This card was easy to make and a lot of fun.  First, I printed off a zebra stripe pattern I found online onto white cardstock.  Then, I die cut my letters using my Slice machine (I don't have any letter dies yet for my Evolution).  I sponged on some of my Hero Arts neon ink (orange to pink to blue to green) overlapping the colours a bit to blend nicely.  I chose the order of the colours for a very specific reason too.  Some colours blend nicely together to create another colour. Others don't blend together well at all.  So if I tried to blend orange and blue or pink and green, while complimentary, they blend into a muddy colour which isn't super pleasing to the eye.  It's just some basic colour theory really.   Once that was done, I arranged my letters on my white panel and adhered them down.  Then I stamped the rest of the sentiment (STAMPlorations) in black.  Lastly, I attached my panel to my card base with some foam dots.

I hope you'll all go on over to Ink and check out the other DT projects.  As usual, they are all so fabulous!  We've also got a fabulous guest designer joining us too.  Please leave some love for Jenny of My Paper Epiphany.  I hope to see you playing along as well.

Have a fantastic day and I hope you'll visit again soon!

I'm going to link up to the following challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More - clean and simple (it's their 3rd birthday too!)
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - favourite technique/products. One of my all time favourite techniques is sponging and blending ink.

11 comments:

  1. Your card looks amazing Kim - Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, so fantastic and soooo WILD!
    It has never occurred to me to get some black/white pattern from the internet, print it out and then sponge/blend colour it. And now it just seems to plainly (smacking my forehead) obvious! Kim, I tell you, I always get some great inspiration from you :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Pia and the crazy thing is I have some animal print DSP!! I adore the wild CASness of this card and gab to see you at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super fun card! Such a great design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pattern and colour on your big word is fabulous! It's funny that some found this challenge difficult, but it obviously fired something up for you. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant take on the word prompt - I love the rainbow effect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww... what a PERFECT card for the challenge! I love how you used the different colored zebra print for the sentiment. I love when the sentiment can become art. Beautiful work!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your WILD card - thanks for joining us at ATSM

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your zebra-striped "wild" is absolutely fantastic, Kim! It's bold, it's clever, it's eye-catching and I LOVE it! Perfect inspiration for this challenge!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is just super, Kim! Great idea to use this kind of paper and the wording is obviously perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello again, my friend! Back for 'second helpings' of oohing and ahhng over your wildly wonderful card and also to say: Thank you for sharing your creativity in the ATSM gallery!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!