January 19, 2013

Disappointed But Not Discouraged

So, I submitted 3 cards to Paper Crafts Magazine when they had their last submissions call.  They sent out the acceptance emails Friday.  I did not receive one.  :-(. I am disappointed as I thought I had  made some neat cards but I'm not discouraged!  It's only the beginning of the year and if I keep trying I know that someday one of my cards will get published.  :-). Anyway, I thought that over the next few days I would share the cards with you all that I made since I can now.  The first one was for their "Just add water" theme.  You had to use a water based product or actual water somehow on the card.  Well, let me tell you I thought about this for days before I came up with this idea.  Yes, I actually put real water in my card.  Take a look.

(Click on image to view larger)
Here's how I did it:

1. Make card base, set aside.  2. Vacuum seal bag on three sides.  3. Mix water, food coloring and glitter, pour into bag and seal opening.  4. Adhere bag to bottom end of card base.  5. Draw and cut puddle shape from card stock.  6. Cut and colour raindrops from card stock, cover with glossy accents, let dry.  7. Cut clouds from card stock and adhere white glitter.  8. Attach clouds and raindrops to panel with puddle with foam tape.  9. Stamp sentiment.  10. Adhere panel to card base.

Who knew you could use a FoodSaver vacuum sealer in cardmaking?  :-). Anyway, that's it for today.  Remember, "just keep swimming"!  Have a fabulous day!

Supplies:  Card stock:  (white) Recollections, Clear stamp:  (sentiment from Road Trip set) Inkadinkado, Solvent Ink: (black StazOn) Tsukineko, Colouring Medium: (IB3 blue marker) Spectrum Noir, Accents: (dazzling diamonds glitter) Stampin' Up!, (white glitter) Elmer's, (glossy accents) Ranger, Tools:  (craft knife) Making Memories, (vacuum sealer machine) FoodSaver, Other:  (bag for water) FoodSaver, (blue food colouring) Wilton.

1 comment:

  1. What a great card! thanks for commenting at my blog and Canadians get a chance at the 2 peas certificate!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!