January 13, 2013

Eat Cake!

So, I managed to get my son to have a nap the other day.  This let me wash some dishes, bake some cookies and most importantly, make a card!  I made this birthday card for the Cas(e) This Sketch challenge.

Here's the sketch.

I was trying to brainstorm and while looking for a stamp for something else I ran across this set and thought it would be perfect for this.  I got to use my spectrum noir markers too and that's always a good thing.  So here's the card.

(click on image for larger view)

Love the sentiments that come in this set.  It's called Birthday Bakery.  So cute.  Well, hope you all are had a good weekend.  Have a fabulous day!


Supplies:  cake and sentiment stamps by Stampin' Up!, flourish by Inkdinkado, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, black ink is Memento.  Pretty sure the rhinestones are from the dollar store. Sometimes you can find great stuff at the dollar store.

5 comments:

  1. Perfect card, Kim. I love the clean prettiness of this card and I definitely agree with the sentiment! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1/14/2013

    Oh this is just sooo sweet! Love how those bright colours pop on the card!
    Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love those sweet little cakes and the flourish is perfect!!! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous1/15/2013

    Ooh, yummy cakes, great sentiment and such fabulous colouring, especially on such small images! Anita in France :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well it sounds like you had a very productive day - the card is too cute for words! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!