January 27, 2013

"Ted" Card Challenge


A new card challenge at Red Carpet Studio begins today!  The theme is "Ted", make a card with a Teddy Bear in it.  So, break out those cute bear images and create!  The sponsor for this weeks challenge is Squigglefly.  The prize is 3 digital images of the winner's choice (including sets).




They've got some cute images like the one I used in my card below. (Balloon Bear)



(Click on image to view larger)

This bear image is so darn cute!  Loved it first time I saw it.  Here's how I made it.  I printed off several of the balloon bear images and coloured in 4 of the balloons with my Spectrum Noir markers. I coloured in one of the bears.  I fussy cut everything out and attached some thread to the back of the balloons and then the bear.  This was a bit fiddly but worth it.  I stamped the cloud with a light blue/grey chalk ink and attached the balloons and bear with foam tape.  Except one balloon is flat instead of raised.  Attached panel to dark purple panel then attached to card base.  Really like how this turned out.

I hope you all can join in the fun!  Have a fabulous day!

I'm also going to enter this into the current CAS-ual Fridays Challenge "Make Your Mark".

Supplies:  Card stock:  (white) Recollections, (purple) Bazill Basics, Digi stamp: (balloon bear) 
Squigglefly, Wood stamp:  (vertical clouds) Hero Arts, Markers: Spectrum Noir, Ink:  (grey/blue chalk) Studio G.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Kim.... what a gorgeous card. you are a superb Guest designer with us at Red Carpet Studio. Love seeing your fabulous work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow this is gorgeous Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! What a sweet card, Kim! I'm so glad you linked your blog up to the Moxie Fab World Blogroll. It will be great to stop by and say "hello" from time to time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!! Love your coloring and shading on those balloons! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those balloons totall look real. Love it. Thanks for joining us @ CAS-ual Fridays:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!