January 04, 2013

Winter Blues Challenge

So, it's a new year and I've decided that I need to enter more challenges.  I found a new one on a blog I'm pretty excited about.  It's the Spectrum Noir Challenge Blog.  I'm loving my new markers and they've got all kinds of tutorials for colouring with their markers and even a FREE accreditation program.  Very cool.  Lots of great inspiration there too.  So, their challenge is called Winter Blues, create a project using blue.  So, I searched my stamps and found the very first stamp I ever bought.  I think I've only used it a couple of times but I've always liked it.  Its perfect for colouring with alcohol markers.  Here it is:

(click on image for larger view)
 
Now it is actually more of a spring/summer stamp but with a few adjustments in colours and some snowflakes it is now a winter fairy. :-)  The markers I used were obviously Spectrum Noir and the colours used are as follows:  IB3, BT8, GT2, GT3, LV1, LV2, BGR1, BGR3, EB1, and the Blender).  I used a silver marker (Recollections) to add a bit of shimmer to the fairy's hair.  Hard to tell from the picture but the fairy is raised with some 3D foam dots.  I fussy cut the fairy too.  Took a while but so worth it.  Glitter (Stampin Up dazzling diamonds) added to fairy wings, flowers and snowflake wand.  Card base is white cardstock (Recollections).  Layered on top is a blue paper (Provo Craft) then a snowflake patterned paper (Basic Grey-Figgy Pudding).  Large snowflake die cut (The Slice, design card Noel) using a white shimmery paper (Recollections).  Smaller snowflake die cut (The Slice, design card Noel) is coloured blue using IB3 marker and then blended a bit with a blender.  Not sure who makes the snowflake embellishments but I got them at WalMart.  I coloured one of the smaller ones blue using IB3 marker.  The wand is made from some wire and a small paper snowflake using a punch I have.  Also coloured with the IB3 marker then glittered.
 
I really like how it turned out.  It will probably be the last wintery card I make for a little while.  I'm getting enough winter with our weather here.  WAY too much snow.  At least my son is enjoying it.  :-)
 
Well, I hope you're all have a fabulous day!  Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!