January 18, 2013

Little Boy Blue

Two posts in one day!  Amazing!  Managed to sneak in some card making last night and created a card for CAS-ology's challenge #27.  Their cue card word was BLUE.  I needed to make a card for my best friends son.  It'll be his 4th birthday. Why not kill two birds with one stone?



Really enjoying the CAS style even though I do find it quite challenging to accomplish.  Sometimes I get it, sometimes.....not so much.  LOL.  I think this one turned out pretty good.  It's a pretty straightforward card.  I stamped the whale then layered it on the blue and brown papers.  Then I attached it to the card.  I die cut the 4 and used 3D dots to adhere it.  Then stamped the happy birthday.  This layout could be done in different colours, animals and milestones.

Well, I'm hoping to get some more card making done today so I'm going to sign off for now.  Have a fabulous day!

Supplies:  Paper: (dark brown) Bazill Basics, (blue from LilyKate collection) Basic Grey, (cream, kraft) Recollections, Stamps: (Whale from Animal Stories Set, Sentiment from Plane & Simple set) Stampin' Up!, Ink: (Brocade Blue) Stampin' Up!, Die Cut:  (number 4) The Slice digital die cutter, Basics 3 design card.

4 comments:

  1. This is such a perfect blue card for a little guy turning 4! Great take on the cue card! Thanks for joining in on the fun at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you used different shades of blue and that big 4 makes it clear who it's for! Hope he enjoys it! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great CAS card for a little boy...he's sure to love it! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super sweet card for a little boys... fun CAS design! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!