June 26, 2016

A Long Time Ago.....

....in an eight years old's bedroom.  A mural was born.  LOL.  Hi everyone!  I thought that I'd share something a bit different today.  About a month ago I started on the journey of painting a Star Wars mural in my son's bedroom.  I've been meaning to do it for ages and finally took the plunge.  It took me a lot longer than I anticipated.  He wanted the Death Star in space with tie fighters and X-wings.  The Death Star took me forever!!  It turned out pretty good though.  I took progressive pictures so you could see step by step what I was doing.  One tip I will share if you ever want to paint a mural yourself.  Use chalk to draw your images.  It disappears as you paint over it and whatever is left wipes off easily with a damp cloth.  Okay that's enough chit chat!  On to the pictures!  Here we go.....
































Well, that's it. My son loves it and I think it turned out pretty cool.  Hope you enjoyed your visit today!  Have a good one!

7 comments:

  1. This is awesome! Thanks for the step-by-step photos! Gotta show this to MY Star Wars-loving son!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible. You have done such an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! You did an incredible job painting this. My sons would love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are one very talented lady!! It's fabulous and I bet your son is so proud of his mum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is excellent! Did you paint all of this? Wowzers!! Your son must love this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....you are so creative and clever and a true artist. Thanks for sharing this amazing project x One lucky boy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. It looks beautiful and I'm sure your son is thrilled with it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!