June 16, 2016

Butterfly Trio

Good morning!  The rain has finally gone away and the sunshine is out!  It's been pretty dreary here and I've been longing for some warmth and sun.  Looks like it's going to be a fabulous weekend too.  :-)

So, today I've got a card that I made for a few challenges.  I've been loving the grungy/distress stamps lately and have been using them for my backgrounds.  Check it out....


I love this grungy stamp.  I used it on another card this way that you'll get to see tomorrow.  So I stamped my grungy stamp (STAMPlorations) using New Sprout Memento dye based ink several times.  Then I splattered Peacock Feathers Distress ink.  I stamped the butterflies and sentiment (STAMPlorations) in Versamark pigment ink.  Versamark is great as it goes on nice and solid but is a fast drying pigment.  I'm loving the colours of this card and the contrast between the softer colours and the black.

Well, I hope you are having some lovely weather where you are too.  Have a great day and thanks for visiting!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Craft Stamper Magazine, Take it Make it Challenge - "Let's get Inky" - use more than one type of ink.
CAS on Sunday - butterflies
Less is More - one layer card with splatters

11 comments:

  1. This is really beautiful, Kim. I too love the contrast of the bold black stamping and the softer background colours - where you've achieved a lovely effect with that grunge stamp. Great LIM card, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the grungy look and the colours you've used and all on one layer, very creative x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card. Love the background splatters...just perfect. Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty...love the contrast of the black with the soft background colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat, clever, one layered, splattered CAS. Just perfect Kim and thanks for sharing at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those colours together, and I agree, the contrast of the black looks great here.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this, Kim! Love the blue splatters and the black images against that soft green background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I'm a little late visiting this time!
    This is delightful, I love the splattery backdrop contrasting with the bold butterflies!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this .... the grungy background looks fab on your CAS design. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really pretty and simple but with a touch of grunge :) Love it. Thanks for joining us at Craft Stamper this month. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love your butterfly card!!
      Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!