June 18, 2016

Inkspirational Challenge - Designer's Choice

Happy Weekend everyone!  Here in Jemseg it's going to be a beautiful weekend weather wise.  After a long time of grey skies and rain it's a welcome change.  We'll be able to get outside and do some much needed yard work plus some play time as well.  :-)

Anyway, it's time again for a new challenge over at Inkspirational!  This time it's designer's choice and it's my turn!  So, I thought for this challenge I'd choose a technique that is near and dear to my heart..  LOL.  Masking!


I love masking.  I'm sure you've seen me use this technique frequently.  Today's card is a simple way to use masking but I just love the results!  Check it out....


On my grey card base, I stamped my computer key sentiment (CAS-ual Fridays) in black and then made a mask and covered it up.  Then I stamped a variety of grungy/distress stamps (STAMPlorations) in silver, grey and green.  I splattered some black ink and then removed the mask.  I added a couple of black, narrow sticker strips to the top and bottom.  This card was made for my Dad whose birthday is next week.  He's a computer geek so I'm sure he'll like it.  :-)

Well, I do hope you'll enjoy this challenge and I look forward to seeing your awesome projects linked up!  Please, pop over to the main blog and check out the wonderful guest designer's card as well as the rest of the DT's projects.  So much awesomeness!

Have a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for stopping by!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

CAS-ology - cue card is Masculine
TIME OUT Challenges - Masculine with optional twist of mixed media.  need two mixed media elements.  I think I really only have one so I guess this is without the twist. :-)

11 comments:

  1. Wow what a cool card Kim, I hadn't thought of masking this set and love how you did this. The silver really looks fab as the background and the black strips really help ground the card. Thanks for joining TO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge and a great card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the technique and the choice of colours on this fun card x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grungy accent definitely makes this card stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ideal for a computer geek - it has a great modern look.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fun way you did your sentiment on this modern card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card Kim, your masculine theme and awesome masking makes this a cool card! Thank you so much for sharing with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see a CAS-card not on white; looks perfect for a guy! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Artsy awesome, my friend! I've never thought about masking sentiments! Ideas sparked!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this elegant Cas card xx Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!