June 05, 2016

Little Red Bird

Hey everyone!  This is my second post for today.  I wanted to get this posted as I wanted to link up my card with some challenges before they close.  I've got a Christmas card to share this time.  This card was mainly inspired by the amazing card by Kimberly Weiner over at Muse: Christmas Visions.  Just take a look at her gorgeous card below....


I love that cardinal!  I was so in love with this card that I just had to CASE it.  Now, I don't have a cardinal stamp but I did have a fabulous small bird on a berry branch stamp by Stampendous that would fit the the bill almost perfectly.  This is what I came up with.....


I altered the bird slightly and added the tell-tale cardinal crest.  This is what it looked like before I altered it....

Rather than using a white card base, I decided to go with a kraft card base.  I stamped my bird on branch with black Memento ink and coloured it in with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I added the white with a gel pen.  I added a strip of red/white striped washi tape (Recollections) and a trimmed piece of silver glitter tape (Darice).  Lastly, I stamped the sentiment (Clearly Besotted) in black.  I just love how this turned out!  Thanks for the inspiration Kimberly Wiener!

Well, thanks for stopping by and I hope you all have a fabulous day!

I'd like to link up with the following challenges:

Muse: Christmas Visions
CAS-ology - cue card is CAS
The Glory of Christmas Challenge - no patterned paper
Addicted to Stamps and More - anything goes

12 comments:

  1. WOW!! Kim, so glad you joined in!! Yay, so clever to add that touch to the sweet bird to make him a cardinal, the Kraft is GREAT and I may have to make one on kraft now. The peppermint washi stripe, not only clever, but - FANTASTIC!!! Touch of glitter, FAB! Thanks for joining MUSE Christmas Visions, this is so terrific and sweet too! Love this wonderful creation Kim!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great card and a wonderful CASE. I love how you made the bird into a cardinal. Wonderful looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done - love how you've customized your bird to make him a cardinal! So glad you joined us at MCV this week, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for entering The Glory of Christmas challenge 86 with your lovely crafting, Hazel, DT – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for June - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, this is so pretty! I love that chubby cardinal! So cute! I really love the image on kraft card stock, too. Great white accents on the branches...perfect snow! Thanks for joining us at CASology for our 200th challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. First of all...I love your card! And a great ide´to use kraft base, it makes the image/snow pop, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you made the bird into a cardinal - perfectly seamless! And the snow is fabulous too. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the red and white on the kraft - beautifully done - thanks for sharing your project at Addicted to Stamps and More - Hugs, Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card, Kim. Wonderful interpretation of Kimberly's.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the Kraft choice rather than white - and your snow is so perfect. Beautiful card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card - love the red on kraft.

    Thanks for joining us at the Glory of Christmas Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!