June 20, 2016

Father's Day Airplane

Hey everyone!  This is going to be a quick post so I can enter my card into a few challenges before they end.  Once again I'm cutting it close!  I made this card for my Dad as he likes planes (he was in the Air Force in the military. Although he wasn't a pilot).  Check it out.....


My Mom sent me this flat metal decoration thing she had found thinking I could use it for something and I figured I could use it like a stencil mask.  It worked pretty good. I sponged Pool to Navy ombré ink (Hero Arts) overtop and splattered some water and white acrylic paint.  Then I  just simply stamped the sentiment (Stampin' Up!) in black.  I really like how this turned out and it was super easy to make too.

Well, I hope you all had a good weekend. Ours was quiet and we had some great weather.  Thanks for visiting and have an awesome day!

I'm linking up to the following challenges:

CASology - cue card is Masculine
Addicted to Stamps and More - Holiday (Father's Day)

9 comments:

  1. That is so. so. cool! Love the 'stencil' and the colours! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good idea to use it as a stencil. Gorgeous colours and blending x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great card!! I love how you used the metal piece to make a stencil and I love the effects you created with the ombre ink and white acrylic paint for the perfect sky. Gorgeous! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great stenciled image & love the ombre inking! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've made exceptional use of that 'stencil'. Love the drama in your sky too! Wonderful that you could join us this week at CASology, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card...great idea and use that metal piece and great inking...Thank you for joining us at ATSM...Željka DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing card! Applauding your mom for sending the metal piece your way; she knew you'd work magic with it...and you definitely did! Love this...now I'll be scouring our place, looking for stencil-potential!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Kim. Lovely colors. Super smart use of the improvised stencil! I love it. I wish I had one myself - being an USAF wife myself! Thanks for playing along at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful article, Given so much info in it, These type of articles keeps the users interest in the website, and keep on sharing more ... good luck. charter flights

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!