June 08, 2016

Purple Love

Hey everyone!  Just popping in to share a card with you.  I was hoping to link up to some challenges before they close.  Once again I'm cutting it close with the cut off times.  Anyway, it's been a creative day today.  I worked on my son's Star Wars mural, which is coming along nicely.  I got in some card making too.  Anyway, here's my card....


I stamped my flourishes (Paper Smooches: Curls and Swirls set) with versamark ink and embossed them in white.  Then I did a wash of Dusty Concord and Seedless Preserves Distress ink.  I took the same ink colours and inked up my flourishes again and stamped over top.  I wiped off the excess ink keeping the white embossing bright.  I cut my panel on an angle as well as two colours of purple cardstock and attached them to my white card base.  I stamped the sentiment (Paper Smooches: a portion of a sentiment from Calorie Wise set) in black several times.  Using a metallic purple gel pen I coloured in one of the hearts.

Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit.  Have a good night and thanks for dropping by!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Less is More - Purple
Paper Smooches - Layers.  I've got layers of paper and stamping.

13 comments:

  1. And .. Oh My! This card ROCKS!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great techniques in this card Kim.....love that swirl and all your clever inking, makes for a very striking card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE love loveee!!! <3
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. very striking, I love the swirls

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning, gorgeous purple combo and style. Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More this week. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your technique has lead to gorgeous results! Those purples...those swirls...oh my! LOVE!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. The background you created is fantastic! Adore this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stamping is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant panel using a fab technique. It looks so impactful and stunning. Great LIM entry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab work, Kim - love the layers and depth you have created with the shades of purple and layers of stamping but still lots of white space too! I look forward to seeing the Star Wars mural once you have finished it. Great to see you at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card, the flourishes are stunning. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Kim, your design is really striking and so dramatic!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  13. The design is looking stunning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!