January 02, 2016

Inkspirational Challenge - Designer's Choice - Thanks/New

Hello!  It's a new year so let's have a new challenge!  Well, over at Inkspirational we are starting a fun one!  It was designer's choice this time and it was my turn to choose a theme. I thought it's that time of year we send out thank you cards to those who gave us lovely Christmas surprises so I thought Thank You cards would be a good theme. But wait, there's an added twist!  You also have to use something new!  A new stamp or ink or paper, whatever!  I'm sure you'll all have gotten some new crafty goodies from Santa under the tree.


This year I got some Spectrum Aqua markers from my parents.  Plus, my husband gave me some watercolor paper cards so I was all set to test the markers out.  I went pretty simple at first by testing out the blending capabilities of the markers.  They blend so nicely!  Take a look....


I took a panel of watercolor paper and created an ombré wash background with my markers using the colours Aquamarine, Teal and Navy.  I put some colour down on an acrylic block and using my new wide water brush I blended the colours on the panel.  I was liberal with the water making the colours lighter and more soft.  Once that was dry, I trimmed my panel to the size I wanted and added a die cut flower (Memory Box) overtop.  I stamped the sentiment (STAMPlorations), added a silver bow, and some dewdrops.  Lastly, I attached my panel to my card base with foam dots.

I do hope you'll join us in all the fun!  You definitely need to check out the other DT members projects too.  They are awesome as usual!  Plus, we have an amazing Guest Designer too. It's Maaike from Cards by Maaike!  She's awesome and you really need to go check her out.  :-)

Well, I hope you've enjoyed your visit!  Have a fantastic weekend!


9 comments:

  1. Love this subtle look and the lens worked a treat. Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wauw, that is some seriously FAB blending of colours. The soft look of the background is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely card Kim! Your new markers blended that color really well. Thanks for a great challenge!
    Happy New Year!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a delicate and pretty effect you've achieved here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very dream-like-lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim, what a delicate, dreamy, gorgeous card you've created with your new goodies! Looks to me like you and the Spectrum Aquas will become fast friends!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. This soft look is so delicate and pretty. Great new goodies! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my sooooooo beautiful and soothing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!