January 12, 2016

STAMPlorations Inspiration #55

Hello!  It's Tuesday and that means another Inspiration post over at STAMPlorations.  We hope to inspire you to create!  I've been having mojo problems lately as I mentioned the other day. I've had so much scrap from disaster attempts at cards.  I think it's starting to get back into the groove though. The card I'm sharing today took three tries to get right.  But I love how it turned out in the end.  Take a look...

(All stamps by STAMPlorations)

I was playing with my new Spectrum Aqua markers again.  Have I mentioned that I love these markers!  So much fun to experiment with.  What I did here was stamp my balloons (Balloons and Banners set) using Versafine black ink (won't run with the watercolours) on watercolour paper and I dampened the balloon areas first with my water pen.  Then I took my watercolour markers and coloured the balloons blending light to dark.  I went over again with the water pen to smooth it out.  I stamped the sentiment (from same set) in black and mounted my panel on a black card base.  I quite like this card.

I hope you'll stop on by the blog and see what the other DT ladies made too.  Such amazing projects! Don't forget you could be entered to win the monthly random prize by commenting on the main blog.

Hope I inspired you to get creative today!  Thanks for stopping by!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

TIME OUT Challenges - Happy Birthday with optional twist of sponging (I didn't do any sponging this time)
Craft Stamper Magazine, Take it, Make it Challenge for January - anything goes/use a stamp

16 comments:

  1. Beautifully blended colors, Kim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are definitely back!!!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Kim. The colors are looking great

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Love your coloring skills!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think your colouring is awesome. Love how you placed the balloons in the one corner. Thanks for joining TO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super colouring and a great card! Your mojo doesn't seem to be lacking now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun and vibrant card, Kim! Love the shading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card, a rainbow of colours always makes me smile.
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bright and bold! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so happy you didn't turn this one into scrap along the way with your three tries, Kim, because it's so festive and so happy!! I'm pinning this one and I hope it brings your mojo back full force!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally worth your efforts, Kim--beautiful balloons & I love the 2 black edges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful bright colors and design.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous colouring, Kim ... vibrant, celebratory and so fun ... and so worth the three tries! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a fun card .... I love the bright colours. Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge ..... Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card in CAS style. Love the bright colours and your beautiful design.
    Thank you for playing with us at Craft Stamper Take It Make It challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!