January 01, 2016

STAMPlorations CASEplorations January

Happy New Year everyone!  I hope this year brings you all happiness and good health!  And lots of crafty time!  :-)  Well, it's time for a new CASEplorations over at STAMPlorations. We are CASEing an amazing card artist this month. She's one of my favourite designers. It's none other than Laura Bassen of Doublestick Heaven!  The card we are CASEing is so awesome too. Take a look...


(Click HERE to visit her original post)

Now CASEplorations has a few rule changes this year.  It runs from the first day to the last day of the month.  We'll only be CASEing the guest designer for the month as the Inspiration posts are separate now.  The best CASE will win a $15 gift Certificate to STAMPlorations (or a 3x5 stamp set) and the two Top Picks will win a $5 gift Certificate.  So, I hope you'll join us and CASE Laura's card.  Here's my CASE...





(All stamps/stencils are by STAMPlorations)

I took the Shower of Flutters stencil/mask and spread my dimensional snow (it's what I use instead of embossing paste. I just haven't gotten around to buying some) overtop. I left some texture around the edges.  The dimensional snow has a lovely subtle sparkle to it which is hard to see in the photo.  Once dry, I watercoloured the Distress inks (Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed) where the butterflies were.  Then I stamped the sentiment (Hope Blooms set) on a strip of paper cut into a banner in black ink.  I attached this to my card with foam dots and then added a few dewdrops.  I loved Laura's use of the stencil and paste, the bold black sentiment on white and the colours she chose.

So, come on over and see what Laura and the DT have come up with for their CASEing projects! Believe me, they are all fabulous!  Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day!


8 comments:

  1. Super cool effect with that "snow"! Happy New Year to you and your family, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the sparkle, and the colour combo on the butterflies. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the use of your bflies -- gorgeous inspired card

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Kim, love the texture and these colours, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! You make me want to try some new techniques with gesso. Very fun look with the paste/snow. Love the bold color of the butterflies.
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love ur take on Laura's card :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!