January 05, 2016

STAMPlorations Inspiration Post #54

Hey everybody!  Well, 2016 is here and with it come some changes.  I stepped down from one of my design teams (OLCCC) to reduce the amount of card making demands. I'm hoping I get back into the Christmas craft fairs this year so I need to start working on my crafts really soon.  Just waiting for my son to go back to school (on Tuesday) and get back into a routine.  I've got some new craft ideas and I'll be sure to share them with you. :-)

Now, it's time for our first STAMPlorations Inspiration post of the year!  We've got some changes there as well.  The inspiration posts are no longer linked up with CASEplorations.  We are here now just to inspire you to create!  There is an opportunity to win a prize too. It's a random monthly prize if you comment on the main blog posts each Tuesday. The more you comment the better chance of winning!  You could win a $10 gift certificate to STtAMPlorations!  So, I hope you'll come on over and check out the amazing DT projects!  Here's what I made...


I have been playing with my new Spectrum Aqua markers again.  :-)  I coloured straight onto my butterfly stamp (Trendy Butterflies Set) with my markers (in Crimson, Orange, and Yellow) then spritzed with water before stamping onto watercolour paper.  Some of the time I would spritz with water again without re-inking the stamp.  I then stamped my flourish (Anchored set) with Dove Gray StazOn ink.  I stamped my sentiment (Fond Expressions 2 set) in black ink.  Lastly, I added a few sequins.  Love my new markers so much!  You'll be seeing me using these lots in the next while.  :-)

I hope you'll come over to the main blog and see all the other fantastic DT projects.  Maybe leave some love too.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a fantastic day!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - "Something New"

11 comments:

  1. Your ombre "smooshed" butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreamy, Kim. Happy 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and the sequins are a perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you colored the butterflies, Kim! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the soft washy colours! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the simple, but elegant design of this card:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so great! I love the butterflies to the one side with the nice saying-very pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woooohooo!! What a great inky card! Those butterflies look stunning! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous looking bflies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge in our first challenge of the year. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous design, love the colors your picked and how u used the waves stamp :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!