January 30, 2016

Inkspirational Challenge - Inspiration Picture

Hey everyone!  Its challenge time over at Inkspirational!  This time we've got an inspiration picture. It a nice one too. Check it out...
Isn't that lovely?  I thought I'd have no trouble coming up with something for this but I did.  However, I persevered and managed to cobble a Valentine's day card together.  :-). Take a look...




First, I stamped my woodgrain stamp (Heidi Swapp) and embossed it in white.  Then I sponged Antique Linen and Tea Dye Distress inks followed by Grey Flannel Memento ink.  I die cut the love and heart and sponged grey flannel on the love and Victorian Velvet Distress ink for the heart.  I attached them to my card and stamped the You (STAMPlorations) in grey flannel.  I stamped the small hearts (STAMPlorations) in the Victorian Velvet.  I added some Wink of Stella to the hearts and added a few sequins as well.

I hope you'll all come on over and check out the DT projects. All of them are awesome!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

CAS-ology - cue word is Adore
Addicted to Stamps and More - Holiday

9 comments:

  1. Great use of that woodgrain stamp, I love the soft look you created with it! No one could ever think you struggled with this, great card! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous woodgrain look, love how you stamped it in white and added the distress ink, looks really realistic x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great interpretation - I love the big word - ther is no sign that you struggled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on the inspiration photo, Kim! I love how you added tecture to this card, and your sentiment is amazing! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you stuck with it because it turned out beautifully! A perfect masculine card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your 'cobbled together' card is striking, Kim! The embossed woodgrain, sponging, bold love and whispers of red makes for a most handsome card. I'm with you on the 'struggle'...both ideas and time-wise. Mine's nearly done, although I think it's kind of "meh". Not yours...love it!
    Hugs~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never would have guessed that you had any trouble with this card!! It's stunning, love the soft colors :) Thank you so much for joining us at ATSM this week!
    Susan DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great design! That embossed woodgrain is fantastic! I also like the big, bold sentiment!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kim... that wood grain look faded into the white looks really cool! Great technique. Your bold sentiment really stands out. Just in time for Valentine's day!
    - Shauna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!