May 19, 2016

Birthday Flowers

Hey everyone!  Today I have a card to share that I made in honor of my sweet friend and fellow DT teamie, Sandie (of London Days).  It was her birthday on the 16th and there's a Linky party going on at Kylie is Addicted to Stamps and a special challenge at TIME OUT Challenges.  I had already made and mailed off a card to Sandie but I wanted to participate so I came up with this card....




First, I stamped my flowers (Clearly Besotted) and then masked them off.  Using my flourish stencil (STAMPlorations), I sponged silver Delicata ink (you can see the shimmer better in the detail picture) lightly fading it out.  I removed the mask and coloured in my flowers with my Soectrum Noir markers (LV1, LV2, LV3, DG2, DG4 & the Blender).  Then I stamped the Happy (STAMPlorations) in black Versafine ink and the Birthday (STAMPlorations) in Seedless Preserves Distress ink.  Hope you had a fabulous birthday Sandie!!

Well, I hope you enjoyed your visit today and I hope you'll come back soon!  Thanks for stopping by!

I'd like to link up to the following challenges:

Mod Squad Challenge Blog - one layer birthday
Spectrum Noir's Monthly Challenge for May - Flowers
Addicted to Stamps and More - CAS
CASology - cue card is Stencil
TIME OUT Challenges - Sandie's special birthday challenge - CAS with optional twist of purple
Muse - CASEing Tracy's awesome card below.  I went with the design layout and flowers.

15 comments:

  1. Girl, FAB FAB FAB STUNNING colors and design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely - that shimmer is amazing! So glad you joined us at CASology and Muse this week, Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh this is a purple wonder! And naturally perfect masking. Your card was my first to arrive and fabulous! Thanks for joining my party

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply beautiful Kim! Your coloring on those flowers is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim such a beautiful card for Sandie and those purple flowers are perfectly coloured! Thank you for sharing with us at Muse and CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the purple and the silver in the background is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this card Kim! Amazing take on Muse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a beautiful card design! Lovely flowers and background! Thank you for joining us at ATSM!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful idea to stencil the silver Delicata ink to compliment your beautifully colored blossoms! Lovely, lovely creation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! The shimmer is such a beautiful addition!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So stunning Kim. I love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim I adore your card! You've colored it in such a way that it was hard to guess it is One Layer!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card. Love the subtle sponged background. Congrats on your top 3 win at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning coloring! A beautiful card!! Thanks for joining in at Mod Squad

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kim,
    Belated happy birthday to your friend Sandie, God bless,
    And I must say you have shown true loving and caring sentiments through these cards to your friend.
    Nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving me your comments. I really appreciate them!